Volusia County,FL Communication Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

aforsman

Premium Subscriber
In related to the below article, Agenices that have their own Channel such as New Smyrna Police and their tac groups, Ponce Inlet Police and their tac groups, Port Orange Police and their tac groups, Edgewater Police and their tac groups, will all be transfered to LE 5 and LE Tac 5 departments will no longer have their own channel's the same has been done in Orange City, Deland, Deltona areas

Daytona Beach News Journal - 9/23/2011 Article....

Last edited by a moderator:

mk262

Premium Subscriber
In related to the below article, Agenices that have their own Channel such as New Smyrna Police and their tac groups, Ponce Inlet Police and their tac groups, Port Orange Police and their tac groups, Edgewater Police and their tac groups, will all be transfered to LE 5 and LE Tac 5 departments will no longer have their own channel's the same has been done in Orange City, Deland, Deltona areas

Daytona Beach News Journal - 9/23/2011 Article....

I'm not challenging this statement per se but can you source your comment about those agencies all moving to LE5 specifically? The article does not state that. If accurate that would mean South Daytona, Daytona Beach Shores, Port Orange, Ponce Inlet, Edgewater PDs plus the district 5 deputies on one talkgroup. That is going to be a very, very busy. Beach patrol is on there sometimes too.

aforsman

Premium Subscriber
Re: Le5/tac5

The information that i got on the switch over originated from several local LEO's i did not believe it as like you said LE 5 would be highly busy as it is right now with SDPD, VCBP, VCSO D5 using LE 5 it is confusing enough however when i spoke to a contact that i have that has not lead me wrong in the past at CII it is true but again it's verble we shall see what transpires out of it

mk262

Premium Subscriber
I heard of a possible LE-7 channel.

Sup601 check your message from me, por favor.

If they jam everyone onto LE 5 it's not going to last. Or at least, that would seem very difficult to manage.

I'd be very interested to know: what happens to the existing talk and tac channels, by department and the radio id prefixes for the new agencies, if you guys know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.