Volusia County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phenax

Can someone post some Volusia County Public Safety frequencies and what they map to (i.e., Daytona Beach PD, DeLand PD)? Specifically, I'm looking for Orange City.. but anything is fine.

I've plugged all of the frequencies from http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=199 in, but i don't know what is what, and I don't have cord/software (broke atm :( )

Last edited:

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Volusia is an Edacs trunked system (actually been that way for a long time)
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=199
so you will need a scanner capable of monitoring an Edacs system, most 2nd generation models will do the job. Just plugging in the frequencies will not help if you have a normal 800mhz non trunked scanner.

did someone already try to explain, i saw some other posts

Last edited:

Phenax

Yeah I have a trunked scanner , and yes someone tried to explain.. but apparently I'm still missing something.

I set up bank 1.. and a channel for every frequency listed on that page. Now, how do I tell which channel/frequency are which location?

Last edited:

n4yek

Phenax said:
Yeah I have a trunked scanner , and yes someone tried to explain.. but apparently I'm still missing something.

omitted: made a mistake in explaining. sorry.

Last edited:

UFEMTFF

Feed Provider
Phenax said:

I set up bank 1.. and a channel for every frequency listed on that page. Now, how do I tell which channel/frequency are which location?
You'll have to add the site frequencies you want to listen to, and then the Talkgroup IDs. Once you add the TGIDs, you'll know who you're listening to (ie. EVAC Tac 1, etc.)

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
ok to Monitor volusia you have to do the following,

#1. Enter the Frequencies in the EXACT order as they are shown on the database and it has to be set up as an EDACS Trunk system not just putting in the frequencies normally
the frequencies have to be in the correct order or the scanner will not follow the conversations.

#2. go here
http://www.scancat.com/OnLineHelp/OEM_Radio_Owners_Manuals/PRO-433_USERS_GUIDE.pdf

this is the manual for your scanner, read starting on page 24 "Trunking Operations"
you have to follow these steps to get the radio to work
make sure you specify EDACS as the system

#3 Scoll down the database page and look for the trunk id's for Orange city, these are the ones you want to program into you trunk id list so it will only scan those ID's

swstow

Premium Subscriber
orange city is now dispatched thru vcso central dispatch you will need to listen for streets names in you city to get the right call numbers, call signs are assigned by a number then a letter and then more numbers

1=sheriffs district
A=sheriff or city unit
123=car or zone number

Status
Not open for further replies.