Volusia County

Status
Not open for further replies.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Volusia County, Florida, is migrating its legacy analog communications system to the new, industry-standard digital P25 (Project 25) wide-area network from Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) to improve communications among first responders — especially during hurricanes, other emergencies and major public events. County officials believe the new system also will lead to further efficiencies and future cost savings.
http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/vo...p25-digital-communications-system-improve-res

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
the encryption may just be for one or two TGID's and may not be system wide for all Volushia public safety bureaus. It's good to have friends... I know a Daytona Bch Captain, and also I have a friend on the Daytona PD and also a friend on the Volushia Sheriff's Office (both of them are motors division) and I will ask them what they have heard. I will report back to this post when I hear something.

gcr33

Kevin those well placed people are not the ones to ask. It's a knowledgable guy in the radio shop in the future. Sometimes they don't even know until it's done.

P25 does not mean encryption. It might mean some have to buy new digital radios. P25 is what will be sold by the big guys from now on. UHF P25 is being installed in the metro NY-NJ area.

the encryption may just be for one or two TGID's and may not be system wide for all Volushia public safety bureaus. It's good to have friends... I know a Daytona Bch Captain, and also I have a friend on the Daytona PD and also a friend on the Volushia Sheriff's Office (both of them are motors division) and I will ask them what they have heard. I will report back to this post when I hear something.

Status
Not open for further replies.