Volusia County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt9513

I have the Uniden BCD996XT and I was wondering if anybody in the DeLand area listens to Fire /Rescue calls. I was also wondering if DFD ever uses their tac channels or if they just use the county's.

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I can not speak for Deland but when the county took over dispatching for all the cities except for Daytona Beach nearly everything is done on Sheriff talkgroups.

When I listen to Ormond, Port Orange, South Daytona, and the Shores you'll hear some comms on the their tac or old talkgroups but not often.

Daytona Beach PD still uses their tac/narc talkgroups everyday. Since they do their own dispatching the Daytona talkgroups haven't changed.

The real bummer is Daytona Beach Fire. They are dispatched on a county talkgroup so if you want to listen for Daytona Beach fire you have to listen to dispatches for many different cities. RR's database is outdated as I haven't hear anything on any of the Daytona Beach Fire tg's in years. Don't bother programming in the 11-04x groups because they have been dead for years. RR's database should be updated or at least a notation regarding this made. I mentioned this sometime ago but its still listing 11-04x as active groups.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
I can not speak for Deland but when the county took over dispatching for all the cities except for Daytona Beach nearly everything is done on Sheriff talkgroups.

When I listen to Ormond, Port Orange, South Daytona, and the Shores you'll hear some comms on the their tac or old talkgroups but not often.

Daytona Beach PD still uses their tac/narc talkgroups everyday. Since they do their own dispatching the Daytona talkgroups haven't changed.

The real bummer is Daytona Beach Fire. They are dispatched on a county talkgroup so if you want to listen for Daytona Beach fire you have to listen to dispatches for many different cities. RR's database is outdated as I haven't hear anything on any of the Daytona Beach Fire tg's in years. Don't bother programming in the 11-04x groups because they have been dead for years. RR's database should be updated or at least a notation regarding this made. I mentioned this sometime ago but its still listing 11-04x as active groups.

Deland pretty much always uses the county. I haven't seen them use theirs in some time.

RR's database for the county is actually pretty up to date. Just because the talkgroups are not commonly used doesn't necessarily mean they should be dropped. All the DBFD rigs have cell phones in them and they use those for most of their internal chatter.

Also slightly off topic but DBPD is absolutely dispatched by the county and has been for a long time. Unlike the other LE1/2/3/4/5/7 tgs DBPD doesn't generally share their tgs with other law enforcement agencies (resource deputies being excluded).

lotsofradios

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does DBFD still have the 11-04x talkgroups programmed into their radios. When I say no hits in years, I really mean not so much as a test transmission in years. Last I heard DBFD was dispatched via a county fire talkgroup and during the dispatch they're assigned a county fire tac group for fireground comms.

mk262

Premium Subscriber
Does DBFD still have the 11-04x talkgroups programmed into their radios. When I say no hits in years, I really mean not so much as a test transmission in years. Last I heard DBFD was dispatched via a county fire talkgroup and during the dispatch they're assigned a county fire tac group for fireground comms.

They are dispatched on E Fire and usually are frequently on tac 4 for incidents.

Unfortunately I don't know if their radios still have the city fd tacs. I'll try to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.