Volusia Fire/EMS Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

travisluznar

I'm still very new to scanning and such and I would like to program my Radioshack Pro 160 to get the same thing as heard on the feed here: Volusia County Fire and EMS Dispatch

I programmed the frequencies on the RR database for Volusia and closed to the talkgroups of fire and ems dispatch.

However, I don't pick up on the same feeds as the stream picks up. I rarely hear any of the emergency calls.

Also, after the message is relayed, there is around four beeps until the end of the transmission.

Could anyone help me get this radio programmed?

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I'm still very new to scanning and such and I would like to program my Radioshack Pro 160 to get the same thing as heard on the feed here: Volusia County Fire and EMS Dispatch

I programmed the frequencies on the RR database for Volusia and closed to the talkgroups of fire and ems dispatch.

However, I don't pick up on the same feeds as the stream picks up. I rarely hear any of the emergency calls.

Also, after the message is relayed, there is around four beeps until the end of the transmission.

Could anyone help me get this radio programmed?

Those beeps are the end of transmission beeps for EDACS and you should not be hearing them provided that the scanner is programmed correctly and you have adequate reception.

If you've programmed via software it would help if you post the file so someone can open it up and double check the data.

Last edited:

shadcall

Did you program all the VHF frequencies too? Just in case.

These are only simulcast of the 800 system dispatch. After units are dispatched they are assigned a TAC channel which will not be heard on the VHF frequencies. There is no need to program these frequencies.

shadcall

Program 154.340 into the radio, this is the dispatch channel

Once again this is only a simulcast of the dispatch channel from the 800 system. The only thing you will hear on this frequency is where the fire is. Once they assign the TAC channel this frequency will be silent. Another thing you will not hear is EMS calling into the hospital.

To get all the action the OP needs to program the 800 system into his scanner.

travisluznar

I figured it out. The EDACS system channel was not set in my scanner programming. So it was scanning individual frequencies and talkgroups. I locked out all the frequencies except for the main channel and then I was picking up dispatch and the tac channels.

Thanks for the help guys!

rob357

If you program in Fire Service channels for Volusia county you will have 78 as of 12/29/14.
starting with the 800 MHz (9 primary control channels and 1 alternate control channel)
The rest are simulcast channels, VCFD channels and the city FDs that cover VC.
This does not include EMS (EVAC)

Status
Not open for further replies.