Vox2File first impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0QNB

Nice work by the programmers, the layout is clean though a bit cluttered (not a real problem)
I like the fact that it is a stand alone app, but I have a few minor issues, could be I just haven't figured them out yet, the program wants to save the files where it wants to save the files, I have a separate hard drive for recording radio stuff, and I can't tell it where I want to put the recordings and logfiles, other than that after a few hours of use it works better than anything I have tried so far.
I you guys know how to make the program save where I want it to save speak up!
73 KCØQNB, Ryan

K9GTJ

KC0QNB said:
Nice work by the programmers, the layout is clean though a bit cluttered (not a real problem)
I like the fact that it is a stand alone app, but I have a few minor issues, could be I just haven't figured them out yet, the program wants to save the files where it wants to save the files, I have a separate hard drive for recording radio stuff, and I can't tell it where I want to put the recordings and logfiles, other than that after a few hours of use it works better than anything I have tried so far.
I you guys know how to make the program save where I want it to save speak up!
73 KCØQNB, Ryan

Where did you find this program? Searching Google or the forums is not helping.

mrsvensven

It is a nice program, I use it myself. I have the problem that when the program starts, it saves the file to C:/docs and settings/username, which is not the directory I want to files in. I have to change it every time. I haven't found anyone else with his issue.

pei006

Try running it from a short cut, and under short cut properties set the "start in " folder to where you want the files to be saved. works for me in winxp
G
mrsvensven said:
It is a nice program, I use it myself. I have the problem that when the program starts, it saves the file to C:/docs and settings/username, which is not the directory I want to files in. I have to change it every time. I haven't found anyone else with his issue.

KC0QNB

DaveNF2G said:
Doesn't this belong in the Scanning Software Forum?
I suppose it could go there, it is software but not directly scanning related. My first reply on another topic recording your scanner was in this forum.

G thanks for the tip I will try it.

forress

smaller file size

Is it possible to record with Vox2File directly to MP3?

I'm able to record in WAV format but would like to use some type of compression if that can be done. When I change the selection from PCM to MP3 or LAME MP3 (after installing this codec), and I press record, I get a memory error.

KC0QNB

Can't do mp3 directly, but there is a software called switch, put out by nch, that can batch convert the files, it is free and it works, pm me for a link, I will send it to you, easy to use, and I have some other NCH software, that I also really like, wavepad for example.
73R

forress

I-Sound Pro

I've found a software called I-Sound Pro that supports VOX and can record directly to MP3 audio. It's been great, the only drawback is that it costs $29.99. However you get to try it out for 30 days, I recommend those looking for a VOX MP3 recorder to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.