Voxcall Zip File - Windows Win32/Zpevdo.A Trojan Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

AE8I

Feed Provider
About a month ago I downloaded and installed Voxcall, without issues, on a Windows 10 laptop. This morning, I downloaded another copy for use on another Windows machine and Defender alerted to a Trojan in the file, "Win32/Zpevdo.A". It prevented me from proceeding.

When I downloaded this new file onto the laptop with the month-old version of Voxcall installed, it to alerted to this threat in the new download, but would not alert when I manually re-scanned to month-old Voxcall.zip file.

Has anybody had a similar experience downloading/installing Voxcall very recently? Is this a known false positive in a new version of Voxcall?

Thanks.

Reconrider

No one can help if you don't tell us the virus scanner you're using.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Done. Nothing detected.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Just ran the detection here myself, no problems. As I'm sure you are aware, disregard the previous poster's advice to turn off Microsoft Defender. As with any top rated and well used virus detection software, there are bound to be random false positives.

satboy8888

Just ran the detection here myself, no problems. As I'm sure you are aware, disregard the previous poster's advice to turn off Microsoft Defender. As with any top rated and well used virus detection software, there are bound to be random false positives.

Agreed, continue using some kind of protection and when in doubt, consult a wider selection of tools to verify your information.

AE8I

Feed Provider

Defender will stay on here.

I was aware that false positives happen on occasion, and the responses here have been very helpful in satisfying me that I have one in this case.

Thanks to all for your comments.

AE8I

Feed Provider
Agreed, continue using some kind of protection and when in doubt, consult a wider selection of tools to verify your information.

A sound strategy. And now that I know about VirusTotal, one much easier for me to practice than previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.