VOYAGEUR TRANSPORTATION.

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Hello.

Is there anyone in this forum, in the know about who authorized the new MotoTRBO radio system for Voyageur Transportion in the Middlesex County database? Was it actually the London Transit Commission, The London Community Transportation Brokerage. Or was it Voyageur Transportation?

Thanks Sheldon.

Muxlow

Super Secret
I think they just had to upgrade. The EDACS system they had was only 3 channels with 2 talk groups, plus being the only EDACS system in that area. For what they need im sure it was more cost effective to ditch the edacs gear and switch over to TRBO so they can gps their trucks and just have better comms.
Spectrum did the switch over but as to who from the voyager end gave the go a head.. beats me. I dont think it would of been LTC, my best guess would be voyager them self

se

Hi.

I dont think it was Voyageur Transportation who gave the go ahead for the new MOTOTRBO system.. But is it an encrypted system or is it just not monitorable by even the most current scanner technology?

Sheldon.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
The go-ahead would have been Spectrum since they own the system, Voyaguer simply leases time on the system. When the owner says we are shutting down system A and moving you to system B there isn't a whole lot they can do about it. As Muxlow said the EDACS system was old and very under utilized, not to mention that it's End Of Life and no longer supported by Harris.

They are currently on Spectrum's MotoTRBO Connect Plus system, and no it is not encrypted... However as it's been discussed many many times on here there are no scanners capable of receiving any form of DMR, including MotoTRBO.

Why so much interest in a bus company if you don't mind my asking? Pretty boring listening if you ask me...

se

Hi again.

Sorry about asking over and over again about the new MotoTRBO system. Sometimes my ability to grasp certain concepts is slow at times. And yes I know that the EDACS system that Voyageur was using was an old system. The reason I liked to monitor that system is because I am a registered paying user (I am in a wheelchair full time) of Paratransit and Voyageur is the primary holder of the contract and suppllier of vans to that service.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No problem! I was just curious. And as I mentioned the EDACS system wasn't theirs per say, they were just a user on it. Since Spectrum shut it down, they were moved elsewhere. Just like the LTR systems in the city... Many of those users moved to Spectrum's NXDN system I believe.

CanWoodsman

Why so much interest in a bus company if you don't mind my asking? Pretty boring listening if you ask me...
Is the new system for just the buses or also the rest of the operation also?
I know they have limousine and patient transfer services also.
Not that I care to listen either way.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
From the bit of listening I've done it's just the busses. Not sure where the others hang out.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've found another transfer service on 165.4800 today... Not sure who it is. Lots of talk of busses and wheelchairs though. TAFL shows it's registered to Voyageur & Checker Limo.

Status
Not open for further replies.