VP visit to Rochester, NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_strong

Does anyone know what frequencies might be used by the Secret Service this Friday when the VP comes to town for a dinner at the convention center. I have downloaded the list from radioreference wiki page. I'm planning on setting up one bank in my scanner.Thanks

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Nothing that you will be able to hear. USSS is all digital and encypted.

The local freq's would be the best bet to listen to.

D

DaveNF2G

I keep reading that "federal service x" is "all digital and encrypted." That statement is rarely true. Even if they've gone P25 compatible, they are not necessarily encrypted. Not all federal channels are even digital yet. Take a chance - plug the frequencies into your scanner. You might be pleasantly surprised.

chewie327

DaveNF2G said:
I keep reading that "federal service x" is "all digital and encrypted." That statement is rarely true. Even if they've gone P25 compatible, they are not necessarily encrypted. Not all federal channels are even digital yet. Take a chance - plug the frequencies into your scanner. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Exactly. I recently heard FBI doing surveillence on 170.675 in the Albany area, and it was analog and unencrypted. And it was even on a repeater, not simplex. Also, don't forget the FRS/GMRS channels. You never know what you might find there.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
DaveNF2G said:

I can attest to the fact that a certain agency is, as a good friend of mine happens to be an employee of one. In fact, its by department directive and radios are programmed as such per the directive.

d_strong

Follow up

These are the frequencies that i heard activity on today. I heard the Sheriff detail say that the plane was airborne and then heard activity on both the Secret Service channels but sadly it was P25 ENC. I think that 460.525 was being used for field radio support because i heard someone say the plane was airborne we can pack it up and head back to the hill. The Hill refers to the Monroe County radio center on Cobbs Hill.

460.275 Monroe County Sheriff-Airport
460.250 Monroe County Tactical 2/CH 15
460.325 Monroe County Tactical 1/CH 14
460.525 Monroe County P25 ENC/Clear
164.650 Secret Service Tango P25 ENC
165.375 Secret Service Charlie P25 ENC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.