VPOTUS in Longmont Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Besides the typical PD channels, is there anything else that we should monitor?

And thanks for the heads up man!

utlchris

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

He will fly into Buckley so there should be some activity on their system upon arrival and departure. I don't know if he will do a motorcade from there or not but when the potus was in last they had them on Blue N/E. The Secret Service will be Enc, or rolling with a Mobile Repeater in a car with only near by comms.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Note to everyone. The event location is in Firestone in the area of Weld County Road 22 and East I-25 Service road and is NOT in the city of Longmont.

Think everything Weld County and CSP OPS TG's (If there is a motorcade).

utlchris

Whats the difference between a mobile repeater and simplex channels for us scanner peoples?

Simplex = Radio to Radio
Mobile repeater = May be in a Tahoe to enhance the coverage in the area it's in.

We have two and can put them where needed to improve the communications in that area and dispatch would not hear anything.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber

So much talk on weld tgs that day? I shall be monitoring. :)

dracer777

Premium Subscriber

Also... The article says Longmont....? Why do you say firestone?

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
embarrassing quotes

If I was there I would monitor wireless freqs and anything he might say the wrong thing into......LOL

and if anyone does tape it please!!!!!

Troop

Look at where he's going to and google map it.....they're wrong....if anything...they may take the Longmont exit to get to firestone

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.

It's a postal service thing. That and the area used to be unincorporated Weld county.

Several media outlets mention UQM's recent purchase of 4120 Specialty place as the event location and up to this point they have operated at a facility at [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7501 Miller Drive [/FONT]in Frederick.

More Details: The Longmont Times-Call

eyes00only

He will fly into Buckley so there should be some activity on their system upon arrival and departure. I don't know if he will do a motorcade from there or not but when the potus was in last they had them on Blue N/E. The Secret Service will be Enc, or rolling with a Mobile Repeater in a car with only near by comms.

He's in a Denver hotel as of approx. 2215 hours Thursday. I hope the weather is nicer for him tomorrow. I think the motorcade will start around 1000 tomorrow, maybe on Blue SE again.

JK

dracer777

Premium Subscriber

Cool. Thanks for the replies scanlist and Troop.

eyes00only

I don't believe Weld agencies have the Metro BLUE and RED TG's in their radios so I would also look at area MAC talkgroups on DTRS.

They were on Blue SE last night getting him into downtown Denver. I just woke up and haven't cranked up the scanner yet. Has anyone heard anything this morning?

JK

Status
Not open for further replies.