VS backup and restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

giessla

My situation is:

I accidentally deleted a trunked system object in my psr500. I have about two dozen conventional frequency obects in the scanner. Any tricks undocumented method to restore the trunked object without deleting all the conventional objects? OR, am I missing something?

A selective restore capability would be useful right now.

Thanks for advice.

Giessla

hypersight

If it's only one object you deleted, just re-enter it.
A good idea to back-up your scanner memory is to use software like win500 and save your file on your computer. That way if something gets deleted on your scanner you can upload the saved file back to the scanner.

mikey60

If it's only one object you deleted, just re-enter it.
A good idea to back-up your scanner memory is to use software like win500 and save your file on your computer. That way if something gets deleted on your scanner you can upload the saved file back to the scanner.

In addition to that, if you don't want software, the demo app that came on the CD with your scanner has the ability to read the data from working memory and save it to a file, and to load that file back into the scanner.

Mike

giessla

Thanks folks, but I already know about backing up and using a software edit program (I do not have one for my Apple computer). I know that I'll probably have to reenter either the trunked system or the set of conventional frequency data.

My mistake let to my (implied) query in my post: Is there a selective backup function within the psr500 firmware? I see cases where it could be useful in recovery when no PC is at hand. Would also be useful to pull objects from different VS folders into the main memory.

Giessla

mikey60

Thanks folks, but I already know about backing up and using a software edit program (I do not have one for my Apple computer). I know that I'll probably have to reenter either the trunked system or the set of conventional frequency data.

My mistake let to my (implied) query in my post: Is there a selective backup function within the psr500 firmware? I see cases where it could be useful in recovery when no PC is at hand. Would also be useful to pull objects from different VS folders into the main memory.

Giessla

No, the PSR-500 has no provision for backing up only select objects or groups of objects. It's an all-or-nothing deal when backing up to a V-scanner folder or computer.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.