VSP 154.68/ Executive Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I've heard some P25 traffic on 154.68 a couple of times the last few weeks. I can't remember the NAC, but I think it was something like D23. I'm not sure if this is tropospheric ducting or if this is actually VSP's EPU.

I'm leaning toward maybe it's LEERN and a skip. It was definitely P25. Anyone else hearing anything?

gcgrotz

I had it in some old lists as executive protection for VSP, it is between their other 2 channels 154.665/695. Maybe John knows? It may get more use in Richmond...

musicman

Heard brief traffic in the clear in downtown Richmond a few weeks ago - I cannot recall the words exactly, but seemed to be related to movement of people or vehicles at the governor's mansion. At the time, I concluded that they must still have some of the old radios in their cars.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
I'll try to keep an ear on it. I'm used to them using the freq in analog with a PL of 114.8. Will try watching it with no PL and see if they've gone digital. I feel sure that EPU has STARS radios by now.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
I heard some more traffic yesterday east of Harrisonburg. It is definitely a NAC of D23. It was law enforcement and the communication center was giving license registration to an officer (I couldn't hear the officer). It was loud and clear, but I'm thinking it's a skip from somewhere.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure... I'll plug those in and see if I receive anything. Thanks everyone.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.