VSP advice for upcoming trip I-81 corridor

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all enjoying the snow throughout Virgina as much as we are here in the Baltimore area. This snow is giving me a chance to plan my trip to Tennesse next week and this is the reason for my posting.

I plan to travel I-81 from Strasburg to Bristol and would love some advice on how best to monitor VSP along this route. I plan to set up one system for the entire VSP conventional system but am not sure how to deteremine if I should monitor any of the STARS system. If I should monitor the STARS system I would need advice on which towers to monitor.

I have a BCD 396XT. I look forward to the advice.

Thanks,

Rick - KR3LC

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
You would be able to get the Fork Mt. CC on STARS while you are in parts of the Shenandoah Valley... that being said, STARS has not rolled out into the valley, yet. So there really isn't much traffic relevant to the I-81 corridor on STARS, yet.

It should be conventional all the way down I-81. If you have looked up the VSP conventional database already, you will be in the following Divisions: Culpeper (Ch. 11) from the WVa line, then Appomattox (Ch. 6), then Salem (Ch. 12 & 11- yes, 11 again). Then I suppose Wytheville... I'm not too familiar w/that part of the state and I'm not sure of which channel.

Hope it helps.
Todd

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Thanks to all for yor responses. I've programmer all conventional and am good to go.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.