VSP Analog at Bearden

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcgrotz

The transmitter at Bearden on 159.135 that was simulcasting APP 2 is now silent. The equipment is still there, so far anyway. I also heard a lot of STARS traffic from the Radio techs tg107 that was encrypted.

I wonder how many analog sites are still in service across the state?

Are they going to auction that stuff as surplus?

c5corvette

I think the old site at Quantico is still active to fill gaps on I-95, as is one of the sites covering western Rockingham county.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
I think the old site at Quantico is still active to fill gaps on I-95, as is one of the sites covering western Rockingham county.
I haven't plugged in the analog in for a while. Out of curiosity, where was the site in western Rockingham? I always thought it was at the area office, but had just assumed that.

c5corvette

Its actually a Division 2 site that is running - because coverage up in Bergton is naught on STARS.

Since Rockingham was originially part of Division 3, I doubt the tower thats on is actually in Rockingham - but more like a site in Shenandoah or somewhere.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
Since Rockingham was originially part of Division 3, I doubt the tower thats on is actually in Rockingham - but more like a site in Shenandoah or somewhere.
I believe you're probably right. I remember when they switched from Div. 3 to 2, the coverage seemed a lot more spotty for troopers on legacy channel 11 vs. what they had on 6. I had always assumed the system was built for them being part of Appomattox. I never asked any troopers about it, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.