VSP Channel 1/2/3 coverage in STARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Premium Subscriber
Actually that map shows the OLD conventional radio system channels and NOT STARS. The VSP Division lines are correct so you have some idea of which division channels on STARS to listen to but the frequencies and tones shown are not STARS.

Generally there are two main channels for each division labeled with the division name and then -1 and -2. Such as RICHMOND-1 and RICHMOND-2. There is a third main channel that at least around here is generally used for specific events and not a daily channel. Which channel is used where in each division roughly follows the lines between the old channels shown.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
While that is an old map, the Division boundaries and the -1 and -2 within the Divisions are still the same.

VSP Divison 1-1 Covers Areas 1, 2, 3, and 44 (Hanover, Northumberland, Essex, Lancaster, Richmond [County], Westmoreland, King & Queen, King William, New Kent, Charles City, Caroline, and King George)
VSP Division 1-2 Covers Areas 4, 6, 7, 8 (Louisa, Goochland, Henrico, Richmond [City], Chesterfield, Powhatan, Amelia, Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Prince George, Dinwiddie, and Nottoway)

NS9710

I know that VSP Richmond Channel 1 covers Richmond City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, and such. So I think you may have 1-1 and 1-2 reversed? I was just wondering how much of the area is actually covered by Channel 1 and 2.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Darn, I sure did type that incorrectly, my apologies. 1-1 covers Areas 4, 6, 7, and 8, whereas 1-2 is Areas 1, 2, 3, and 44.

fredva

Feed Provider
Thornburg carries Division 1 and Division 2 traffic and at least some Division 7 traffic. It's not limited to just the traffic for the division in which it is physically located. I'm pretty sure Thornburg doesn't normally carry Divison 3 traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.