VSP MedFlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Today I saw a VSP Helicopter, and assumed it was MedFlight, do they have another helo besides besides the EC-145 and the Bell 206's? It wasn't the EC-145 it looked more like a Bell 206, coming from the direction of Sentara Norfolk General Helipad. I've seen this helo a couple times, but I wondered what frequency do they use, the MedFlight conventional, or is their a possibility they might be on STARS, I was also away from my scanner

W4UVV

Medflight STARS Comms

Today I saw a VSP Helicopter, and assumed it was MedFlight, do they have another helo besides besides the EC-145 and the Bell 206's? It wasn't the EC-145 it looked more like a Bell 206, coming from the direction of Sentara Norfolk General Helipad. I've seen this helo a couple times, but I wondered what frequency do they use, the MedFlight conventional, or is their a possibility they might be on STARS, I was also away from my scanner

I did custom files programing and files transfer to my Uniden 536 for most of the day. With the many comms I heard doing that they included Medflight which was not on a distress call response and was returning to Chesterfield AP.

Medflight today, as it typically does when using STARS, used the Dept. of Emergency Management talkgroup 2407 VDEM Region 1 Operations 1.

John

W4UVV

W4UVV

Medlflight Dispatches

Are they dispatched on the DEM Ops 1 as well?

Yes, I believe it actually is the VA EOC using that talkgroup as Medflight's control, excluding the required FAA aviation navigation comms. If on a mission involving life injury Medflight also will communicate with VA EOC and MCV on 462.9500 mhz.

John

W4UVV

K9DUO

I was at Norfolk General when that helo landed. It was one of the older helicopters, possibly a Bell. Had the blue and red stripe on the side. Anyway, I was watching after it landed expecting them to offload a patient. But nooooo, out popped our governor and his security detail and they walked into the hospital.

gcgrotz

I saw the same thing at UVa a few years ago. In your case, I guess it provided the best place to land in the downtown area.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Same with MCV in Richmond. They have a roof heliport, and a backup on the ground nearby. Very convenient to the Capitol and pretty easy to keep secure.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Status
Not open for further replies.