VSP Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

Ongoing now...NC Speeder from I95/Stony Creek...west 40...over 100 mph.....went through town of McKenny at 135 mph....Dinwiddie Co. SO, Nottoway Co.....spike strips set up at Dinwiddie Co./Nottoway Co. line...ongoing....

beefington

Premium Subscriber
Ongoing now...NC Speeder from I95/Stony Creek...west 40...over 100 mph.....went through town of McKenny at 135 mph....Dinwiddie Co. SO, Nottoway Co.....spike strips set up at Dinwiddie Co./Nottoway Co. line...ongoing....

These guys passed me going west on 40 while I was going east on Sunday, I believe the 100+ MPH claim. There was just a single VSP car in pursuit at that time. Any idea what the outcome was?

W4UVV

pursuit outcome

There was a Sussex Co. SO car trying to catch up with the VSP car but never did. A Dinwiddie Co. SO car was waiting for this jerk on the west side of I85 as were Nottoway Co. SO cars further on Rt. 40. Spike strips were laid at the Dinwiddie/Nottoway line. The idiot saw them and finally decided it was a good idea to stop. He was immediately taken to jail and his car was towed. I hope he gets a long jail term and a big fine and has his driver's license permanently revoked. One truly has to be an idiot for even considering driving 60 mph on most portions of Rt. 40 from Stony Creek to I85. It is a miracle that no slow moving vehicle pulled out from a side road in his path and was not killed or some pedestrian in McKenny who decided to cross the road at that time.. The speeds cited were not my opinion. They were what was called by the VSP car chasing the idiot driver and the dispatcher confirming the reported speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.