VSP STARS - Chesapeake

Status
Not open for further replies.

jknight988

Premium Subscriber
Hello Gang!

I live in Virginia Beach and was wondering if you could provide me with guidance on how to copy VSP, Chesapeake. I have a PRO-106 and have uploaded the STARS Chesapeake frequencies and Trunking Table from RR using WIN500 software. I hear extremely very little traffic. Almost always on the 152.022500 frequency (Chesapeake 2).

Using an Austin Antenna - Condor 3-Band Portable.

Since I do hear something, I assume I have STARS programmed correctly, but am unsure why I am hearing so little traffic.

Signed,

Dazed & Confused!

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
You are a premium subscriber, so when you programmed STARS, did you download the data to Win500 from RadioReference?

Since you are picking up some traffic it sounds like you have something right, but I am wondering if you may have problems with your talk groups. What kind of information is your scanner showing for the TG ID?

Ktombus

Make sure that you have all 4 CC for Chesapeake tower in scanner. Put Div. 5 talkgroups in.They are 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 57, 61, 62, and 64. The T shoud on 1st top line dispay of scanner. this shows CC chanel is being received. If it is not on try turing the ATT buton on and off.

Ktombus

Status
Not open for further replies.