VSP STARS question

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynes

Premium Subscriber
Driving from Charlottesville to Richmond today, listening to VSP STARS. Can anyone explain why I heard Culpeper and Fairfax on towers listed for Williamsburg and Waverly? Also, anyone have a good (accurate) map of the tower locations? TIA.

QDP2012

Driving from Charlottesville to Richmond today, listening to VSP STARS. Can anyone explain why I heard Culpeper and Fairfax on towers listed for Williamsburg and Waverly?

There might be frequencies that are shared between those towers in-question. You can do a comparison of the tower-frequencies listed on the RRDB: VA STARS page to verify.

There might also have been a unit from the distant area that traveled into your local area and affiliated with your local tower, which would cause their distant area traffic to be repeated on your local area tower.

Also, anyone have a good (accurate) map of the tower locations? TIA.

On the Travel Reference (VA) I-64, at the bottom of the table is a link to a Google Map of the STARS sites, which another member here created and maintains.

In case it helps, the Travel Reference (VA) pages list the STARS towers along each of the listed Interstates and US Highways.

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.