VSP Unrestricted Standby

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfburns

I heard VSP putting troops on Unrestricted Standby last night. I can pretty well guess what that means, but what exactly is it. When is it initiated? When is Restricted Standby initiated. Was it related to the Governor's declared state of emergency? I presume a state of emergency automatically elevates the standby status for VSP employees. Do employees get compensated for being on any version of standby?

CalvinNutler

Thats interesting. I haven't heard anything about being on non-restricted standby. But I guess it would depend what area of the state you are in. Non-restricted standy just means that you need to be "contactable" at all times, with an "unwritten 30 minute response time". It's not meant to restrict the employee per se but they wanna be able to make contact with you and have a quick response. It's used in natural and man-made emergencies as well as pre planned events, ranging from anticipated riots to snowstorms. There really is no specific criteria. There is no compensation for this time. As far as I know over the course of 11 years, I've never heard of actual restricted standby. So if thats used I haven't heard of it. I'm sure that clouded the water even further but I hope it helped out some.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
In the 5 years I dispatched there, I never called and put anyone on "restricted standby," although I always wondered if there was such a thing. Generally, the "NRS" was for weather related emergencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.