Vstars Site 31

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4SXZ

Im trying to narrow down where site 31 is. Here in Fairfax County in the Franconia/Kingstowne area is pickup a solid 2 bars. Anyone else have luck?

BM82557

I can't copy site 001-031 from my location but have copied it in Winchester which is 20 miles to the south. I am thinking it is in Shenandoah county. If I have a chance I'll try it sometime when I'm in Strasburg or Woodstock. If you ever copy any of the DOT talkgroups maybe they will provide a clue.

Last edited:

KI4SXZ

Thanks. I'm leaning towards culpeper area. Only because it seems like a big void of sites there and would explain the random talkgroups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KI4SXZ

Ok. After coming home and doing some diagnostics, site 31 on my scanner has been picking up the 1-07 tower because they share some freqs in the database.
So im not getting it the real 31 anyways. But still curious to update the database.

W4UVV

VSP Division 2 Site 131 MASSANUTTEN

MASSANUTTEN was used to avoid the confusing situation where two STARS different site locations have the same name. I hope the RR DB does not use "Elliott Knob" also for the this site.

John
W4UVV

Last edited:

KI4SXZ

Thats it i think. The database just lists 1-31 as site 31 with no the information. No name, location or gps. Just the three freqs. Is this iformation stuff you found or is it available someplace?

W4UVV

Since you asked...

Thats it i think. The database just lists 1-31 as site 31 with no the information. No name, location or gps. Just the three freqs. Is this iformation stuff you found or is it available someplace?

---------------------

Since you asked regarding my information source for some newer STARS sites in the more remote areas, a few STARS monitors, who rarely if ever post on RR, and who didn't always live in the same VSP division as the new STARS site, took their personal free time and at their own expense, drove long distances to the suspected site areas. Using a laptop running PRO96COM documented what the target site information was at that particular date/time.

In my opinion, there are a few monitors who live closer geographicly to some of the newer STARS sites, also have the capability to monitor mobile using PRO96COM to document the site(s) information could help.

John
W4UVV

BM82557

KI4SXZ

Thank you John. Exactly the info I was looking for. Would you mind if I submit the info you gave me to the RR database?

Status
Not open for further replies.