Vtac 11 151.1375 Knoxville area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Have been hearing this a lot lately.
Any idea who it belongs to?
RR advises it is inter agency but I would like to narrow it down more.
Also shows up as Gatlinburg Ski Patrol. I am not hearing ski related traffic.

Thanks
Doug

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
OK, first narrow down: Is it being used with the standard PL Tones that are suggested for it in the guide books? If it is using tones other than the usual interop ones, then you may have found a specialized usage that could be listed separately from the national/state level pages. Second narrow down: Is it being used simplex, or repeated? Then comes the harder part.. Listen, listen, and listen a lot more, thi is the only way to determine exactly who is using it unless you are a user of the freq legitimately, and can key up and ask who it is lol. Have fun!:D

jfhtm350

I replied to your other thread before I saw your post here. Does your scanner pick up the repeater codes? That helps alot when trying to narrow it down.

You could be picking up TDOT help truck 151.1300 (155DC). I dont know if it is strong enough to bleed over to 151.1375. I will tune it in and see what I get. Next time you hear them tune up or down and see if it gets any stronger or weaker. I have been a step off frequency before and took me awhile to figure it out.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the hint but forgive my lack of scanner know how, just getting started.
I gave a BCD996XT, his do I see the repeater code? Also using proscan software.
Thanks
Doug

jfhtm350

That scanner does decode DCS/CTCSS tones.
BCD996XT - The RadioReference Wiki
Im not sure how to set it on that scanner but there is probably a setting to "search" for the tones or if your searching, it should show it on the screen automatically.

I recieved your signal on 151.1375 and it is the DOT Help truck in Knoxville. It bleeds over from 151.1300 from here also and Im probably 30 miles away. The repeater is on Sharps Ridge.

Last edited:

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Thanks JFH
I knew is wasn't the Ski Patrol and haven't had a chance to chase it much?
Appreciate the help.

Now, THP seems to be quite. Both mobile and Dispatch seem to be slow, which I guess is a good thing.
I live in the Seymour area and have TACN loaded.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

jfhtm350

Sure no problem. I would say because you were off frequency it didnt show a PL or DC code because I dont believe it showed up on mine. If you search or tune to a frequency it will probably show on the display when you get a hit. You should see something like 100.0 PL or 155 DC/DPL.

Just heard THP so they are still there. If you can get the English Mtn Site, District 5 and District 1 are simulcast off of it. 5000's units = Dist5 and 1000's = Dist1

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Now, THP seems to be quite. Both mobile and Dispatch seem to be slow, which I guess is a good thing.
I live in the Seymour area and have TACN loaded.

When I was up in Seymour & Sevier Co. the other day (just before Christmas) I heard both Dist 1 & 5 THP on the Greentop Mtn. site quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.