vulgarity broadcast on ham radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Couldn't figure it out, do those guys have a purpose or are they just killing time?

It's their version of fun, and probably for the shock value. Those guys are reading these threads, and probably enjoy the attention.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
it's just a act! they want attention they have a group page on facebook.

YaesuFan2012

435 has always been that way! The FCC has tried to go after a few of them and one guy did some jail time, but for the most part they keep the rest of the airwaves in Los Angeles pretty vulgarity free. And yes, sometimes the conversations are pretty hilarious! Poor gal was trying to give the health benefits of flax seed oil, only to be interrupted by the F word and such!

elk2370bruce

I've noticed that the rusted wingnuts who used to infest 14.275 have been silent for quite a while. There is often a few nice dx qso's to be had on this frequency without the aforementioned and self proclaimed "owners" and our Canadian "broadcaster". There is hope that these ill mannered codgers are dying off and are candidates for the WASC award (worked all silent keys) As has been said so many times in so many threads such as this, world-wide amateurs are overwhelmingly great people. Just as with any sizable populations, there always a distinct few who give the avocation a bad name. Hell, even the "no-coder" diatribes have all but stopped (even on QRZed).

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/4.5.1_57_D2G-38) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Sometimes 435 is vulgar sometimes its not. California is full of nuts, what do u expect? Don't like it don't listen to it. That's what I do, and life still goes on.

code3cowboy

The Mighty Wonderful NUT. The whole reason I wanted to upgrade my VHF mobile to high power first. Its a hoot when you need a laugh, most of the time. Otherwise, tune to something else.

K9AOS

That why I like DSTAR. You key the radio, you call sign is transmitted also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG INFUSE using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.