VX-170 squelch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorpmuller

Hi all,

Just got a VX-170 to try out. I'll be using it for the railroad when I'm out photographing. The rx audio is great, radio has a nice feel and is nice and heavy. Finally! Only took the ham mfrs. 20 years to catch up to commercial build quality. (grumble)

The downside: software controlled squelch. Even at the lowest threshold setting, "1", it is still too tight for my liking. For RR monitoring it needs to be nice and loose.

Do any of you know if there's an internal pot to adjust the threshold, or if you can change it in alignment mode, if there is an alignment mode?

Thanks-other than this, it's a great radio for the price.

Rich

multisync

Uh, read page 18 of the manual. The RF squelch circuit can be turned on or off in the sub menu. I have the same problem, I don't read instruction manuals.

Dorpmuller

multisync said:
Uh, read page 18 of the manual. The RF squelch circuit can be turned on or off in the sub menu. I have the same problem, I don't read instruction manuals.

RF squelch is the first setting I checked, making sure it was off. I had to RTFM quite a bit with programming, alpha tags, etc. This would be a setting done in alignment or wherever.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.