• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VX-2500 and CE52 "Hardware Configuration Mismatched"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdesigns

I bought (3) VX-2500 recently from the same vendor on ebay, and (2) of them are firmware 3.72 and (1) firmware 4.06.......... long story short, Im able to program the 2 radios with firmware 3.72 but Im unable to read the radio with firmware 4.06.

I have CE52 version 2.00, 3.00 and 4.50 and all 3 give me the same results.

The radio with firmware 4.06 can't be read/program but it does enters into aligment mode fine, thats how I know the firmware version. but I cant read the radio.

What could be the problem?

Im using windows 98 with serial cable.

Last edited:

MBill

Premium Subscriber
I do know there are two software versions for the VX-2500. One I believe is just for the VX-2500, which
is CE47. The other is for the VX-2500/VX-3200 and is the CE52 software. The software I have for the
VX-2500/VX3200 is CE52E, version 4.50. So far had no problems reading/writing to a VX-2500. If the
CE52 doesn't work I use the CE47. I'm guessing if you have an older VX-2500 it may have a different
band spread than the other two. That may give you the error message. In the CE52 UHF version I believe
the letter most used for the Frequency Band is "D". In the older VX-2500 radios with CE47 software you can
select 3 different UHF band configurations (A, D, F) and 2 different VHF band configurations (A, C).
Hope this helps.

cdesigns

I do know there are two software versions for the VX-2500. One I believe is just for the VX-2500, which
is CE47. The other is for the VX-2500/VX-3200 and is the CE52 software. The software I have for the
VX-2500/VX3200 is CE52E, version 4.50. So far had no problems reading/writing to a VX-2500. If the
CE52 doesn't work I use the CE47. I'm guessing if you have an older VX-2500 it may have a different
band spread than the other two. That may give you the error message. In the CE52 UHF version I believe
the letter most used for the Frequency Band is "D". In the older VX-2500 radios with CE47 software you can
select 3 different UHF band configurations (A, D, F) and 2 different VHF band configurations (A, C).
Hope this helps.

The first two radios are programmed with HAM radio 440' and GMRS 460' frequencies, they work great with CE54.

This new radio from the same vendor, doesn't work with CE54 , only the aligment feature works, and when the software in aligment mode reads the radio, I get the firmware version, serial number and shows the CH1 is 471.4375mhz on RX and 474.4375mhz on TX, this means is a VX-2500F? Can I change it to VX-2500D with CE47?.

I can't find CE47 anywhere to try it though :(

MBill

Premium Subscriber
Ok. Here's some more info I came across.
VX-2500U (D) covers 450 to 490 Mhz
" (F) covers 480 to 512 Mhz
" (AS1) covers 400 to 430 Mhz (Maybe this is the "A" listed in the CE-47 software?)
The CE47 is supposed to be for the LTR VX-2500 radio, the CE52 for conventional.
Based on the frequencies you gave me and the above list the radio would cover the "D" band.
Strange that you can enter alignment mode with the CE52, but not the main menu, which I would
think you should be able to.
Have you tried having the radio turned on, select upload (Read) radio and then radio off and on again
when instructed. Or, have radio off, select upload (Read) and turn on radio when instructed? Just
don't turn off radio when it is actually reading, if you get that far.
With the CE47 you can select which band the radio is designed for, I doubt you can actually change
the frequency band built into the radio itself.
I've seen the CE47 software for around $40.00 from some suppliers.
Hope this all makes some sense and helps. Post what you find resolves your problem.

cdesigns

Ok. Here's some more info I came across.
VX-2500U (D) covers 450 to 490 Mhz
" (F) covers 480 to 512 Mhz
" (AS1) covers 400 to 430 Mhz (Maybe this is the "A" listed in the CE-47 software?)
The CE47 is supposed to be for the LTR VX-2500 radio, the CE52 for conventional.
Based on the frequencies you gave me and the above list the radio would cover the "D" band.
Strange that you can enter alignment mode with the CE52, but not the main menu, which I would
think you should be able to.
Have you tried having the radio turned on, select upload (Read) radio and then radio off and on again
when instructed. Or, have radio off, select upload (Read) and turn on radio when instructed? Just
don't turn off radio when it is actually reading, if you get that far.
With the CE47 you can select which band the radio is designed for, I doubt you can actually change
the frequency band built into the radio itself.
I've seen the CE47 software for around $40.00 from some suppliers.
Hope this all makes some sense and helps. Post what you find resolves your problem.

When I try to READ the radio I go thru the on/off process it starts to read and the numbers that show the loading % it just stays changes from 0 to 1 and then stops and a few seconds later i get the "Hardware Configuration Mismatched"

I remember seen a free download for this software, but I choose the CE52 instead, now I can't find that link.

cdesigns

I was able to read the radio with CE47 but I found out the radio is LTR version, I made some changes on the menus to conventional but is a nightmare to program. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.