• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VX-2500 DB9 Serial connector pin out

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdesigns

Does anyone have the Vertex VX-2500 DB9 serial connector pin out? information on goggle seems contradictory. Thanks

T1poirier

Hello - You're looking for the accessory connector correct?

Attached is the DSUB 9 pin out directly from Vertex's business portal.

EDIT: I should clarify, this is from the 2500/3200 section of their technical reference.

Attachments

• DSUB 9 pin VX-3200a.pdf
    17.7 KB · Views: 275

cdesigns

Hello - You're looking for the accessory connector correct?

Attached is the DSUB 9 pin out directly from Vertex's business portal.

EDIT: I should clarify, this is from the 2500/3200 section of their technical reference.

Thanks for the info, I was hoping to find audio in/out in there , but I guess I will have to find it from the speaker and front input jack.

T1poirier

Yeah, here's the wiring diagram from the service manual which should point you in the right direction there.

Attachments

• VX-2500U_SM Rev 11-20-06A PG9.pdf
    88 KB · Views: 176

cmdrwill

Pin 2:
JP4 (JP1504) - Filtered 300 Hz to 3.0 kHz (70 mVrms / STD deviation with 600 ohm termination)
Notes: JP3: Closed from the factory. JP4: Not Closed from the factory.
You HAVE to change the 'jumper' s in your radio.

This would be receive audio output and it is not affected by the volume control.

And transmit PTT and audio would go into the mic jack.

cdesigns

Pin 2:
JP4 (JP1504) - Filtered 300 Hz to 3.0 kHz (70 mVrms / STD deviation with 600 ohm termination)
Notes: JP3: Closed from the factory. JP4: Not Closed from the factory.
You HAVE to change the 'jumper' s in your radio.

This would be receive audio output and it is not affected by the volume control.

And transmit PTT and audio would go into the mic jack.

I'm trying to hook up a Simplex Repeater controller, I need adjustable audio to make sure the audio is not to high when it enters the controller, this simplex controller is meant for HTs with volume control, I might have to play with the external speaker phone jack and the Mic connector. Hmmmm

cmdrwill

You would need a series resistor in the receiver radio audio out to the transmitter mic in anyway, so make that a pot, variable resistor. A 10K pot would be a starting value.

And all you need is just some wiring, not some "simplex repeater controller" thingy......

cdesigns

Im trying to make a simplex repeater using the RT-SRC2 controller and the VX2500, the simplex repeater controller that I plan to use records up to 120seconds and then "repeats" the transmission on the same channel it receives.

I need to rewire the connections from the controller to HT to controller to vx2500, I have all the connections with the exemption of the adjustable audio out from the vx2500, does the volume knob on the VX2500 controls the audio output on the headphone jack on the back?

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 708

cmdrwill

You may still need a adjustable resistor in the Mic lead to set the transmit audio so you do not overdrive the transmitter.

Use the pin 2 for your receiver audio and pin 5 for the ground on the 9 pin going to the "Simplex Repeater controller" parrot board. That IS a fixed level and should be correct level for the board.

You may need a blocking capacitor in your mic lead depending how the parrot board keys the radio. Some hand held radios key the transmitter by grounding the remote mic circuit.

cdesigns

I got it to work, I soldered the internal speaker output to the unused pin the mic jack and then to the input audio of the Repeater controller, but I had to use a new ground because the MIC JACK ground wasn't enough.

The internal speaker of the radio is disabled the report you hear back is from my HT. so far works excellent, I did had to reduce the MIC gain on the radio software though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGLYi13mnsY

Status
Not open for further replies.