• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

vx 4104 vx 4204

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8HMJ

hi all anyone know the part number for the remote mounting cable for either the 4104 or the 4204.i have a small car and would like to mount the main body of the radio in the trunk and keep the head up front on the dash. thx in advance. john

radiotweester

To my knowledge there never has been one for the VX-4100/4200 series. The older VX-4000, VX-5000, and VX-6000 have the capability.

KD8HMJ

ok thx radiotweester thats kinda what i figured.but i had to ask.i believe i saw the 4600 has the capability with the ct157 so i might go that route.thx again john

KD8HMJ

ok i decided to get my hands on a 4204 anyway and i can read the radio but ineed to know in the ce59 software where to find the ignition sense enable disable. right now its enabled and i want to disable it. thx again john

Status
Not open for further replies.