• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VX-6000V Band C

Louwo

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a Vx-6000V and I got the software and cable. I see it is set in VHF band C. Is it possible to change it to VHF band A to use on 2M?

radiotweester

It should be able to. It MIGHT need the VCO adjusted, but check for lock (display not blinking) and then for actual good voltage. I don't believe sensitivity will be too badly impacted. You'll need to hex edit the default C file and the exe. If you search here for the VX4000L 6M post from a while back it's the same sort of software hexedit to get the software to take HAM. I don't remember if the hex is normal 144000000 = 08954400 or needs to be reversed 00449508.

radiotweester

If you have access to the equipment, it certainly would be a good idea. You'll need the SVC-49 software to mess with the softpots. Be careful as there is also a version for the VX-4000 and then the 5000/6000 as in the screen shot.

1652848370164.png

express315

Yes it can be done. I have done it after some trial and failure. Several vx-4000, 5500 and 6000 being used on Ham band now.
First, this is how to modify hex file - Extending the Band Limits of the Vertex CE49 Software
Second, no vco adjustment needed, also no need for alignment. Forget about SVC49, it only works in designated bands.
Most important part - the mod only works with CE49 ver 4.06 period.
Get it here - Vertex Radio Group – Vertex Radio Software Download
Other sw versions cause radio to behave erratically when tuned out of band.
Enjoy!

express315

P.S. The above mod is only relevant to V an U models.
L (low band) models can be modded with any sw version and will require a VCO adjustment.
Recommended VCO voltage at the upper band end (54mhz) is 7.4 volt for both TX and RX.

express315

A picture of VX-6000V and VX-6000L modded to 2m and 6m respectively.

Attachments

• vx-6000.jpg
    vx-6000.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 11