Yaesu: VX-6R Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianb

Premium Subscriber
Hi All

I recently purchased a VX-6R and purchased the online VX6 Programmer from RT Systems and also have the USB-57B programming cable. I created a database of frequencies and tried to upload them to the scanner from the VX6 Programmer.

Cheers...

Last edited:

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
The VX-6R also isn't a scanner, but that's neither here nor there. Did you read the radio first before trying to upload to the radio? Is the radio communicating properly with your computer?

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Some Yaesu radios seem to require you to read from the radio to create a profile and copy your database into that profile before you can program the radio. As mentioned above this will ensure that you are actually connected via the programming cable. There is a free program called VX6 Commander. You do need the programming cable. I already had a cable and bypassed RT Systems. However, the RT software is very good. Check your COM port settings.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
Does the USB cable when connected even on it's own show up in your PCs hardware device manager?

If you are really stuck drop a line to RT Systems, they are usually very prompt replying.

wcsd45

My experience with RT Systems on multiple Yaesu radios is read from radio FIRST, then edit channels in software, then write from software to radio. YMMV.

73 and good luck, Chuck KC9QBY

Status
Not open for further replies.