vx 7r battery error

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnasa

hello to all i have the vx7r radio when i am charging the battery it says battery charging when i left it for a few hours instead of saying charge complete i gaet a message that says charge error ? did any one ever get this ?

thank you much

usnasa

i did leave it over night but i always did that first time i received that error do u know a good place to buy the battery ? and would that be my problem as why i cant read my radio ?

thank you so much for your help

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
ok i bought a new battery charged it blue light came on and got the same error charging error ?

As the VX-7r is an Amateur Radio, you might ask to have this moved to that thread. I have never had a problem with the VX-6R, VX-5R so cannot help.

Cowthief

Hello.

Around the end of life of the battery, it never gets to termination of charge voltage, so it tapers the charge off.
The battery, and battery charging circuit is the same for the VX-5r, VX-6r and VX-7r.
Rebuilding the battery is NOT preferred as the battery forms a seal, making the VX-7r waterproof.
Cheap 3rd party batteries may also not provide a good seal.
Thank you.

PACNWDude

I'm just happy as my VX-7R is now 10 years old and on the original battery, although I only use it on rare occasions to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.