• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Vx-p829 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have latest firmware for the vxp829? And can it be updated from the famous talon firmware?

I asked motorola and got some answer which was nothing related to what I asked

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried registering on this site? It's worth a shot. I used to get my Vertex software for my VXD series DMR radios from a URL that is now a dead link. I haven't messed with them in a few years, although I still have my VXD-720 and 7200.

For the VX-82x series, it looks like the latest is Ver3_03 (9-22-14). Is that what you're looking for? I don't see specific firmware for the p829/P25 radios.

VX-820 & 920Ver3_03 (9-22-14)

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Have you tried registering on this site? It's worth a shot. I used to get my Vertex software for my VXD series DMR radios from a URL that is now a dead link. I haven't messed with them in a few years, although I still have my VXD-720 and 7200.

For the VX-82x series, it looks like the latest is Ver3_03 (9-22-14). Is that what you're looking for? I don't see specific firmware for the p829/P25 radios.

VX-820 & 920Ver3_03 (9-22-14)
Is a special FIF box, cable etc etc... Needed to update the fw ?

My programming cable stopped working last night so before I can do anything need to wait for the replacement to show up. But if a regular cheap usb cable doesn't work than I might be S.O.L

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber

BMedcom

If you have a MOL account, the firmware for all the older Vertex radios, including the 820, 920, and P variants, is available for free, as well as the regular software.

tradecraft6f

Does anyone have latest firmware for the vxp829? And can it be updated from the famous talon firmware?

I asked motorola and got some answer which was nothing related to what I asked
ive got proprietary software for the p829 that the Canadian Government had made,its supposedly a version of the Talon software,whether or not you can use it,i dont know...

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
ive got proprietary software for the p829 that the Canadian Government had made,its supposedly a version of the Talon software,whether or not you can use it,i dont know...
I wonder if it's the same talon CD I have

My vertex radios just sit and collect dust now

express315

I have never had any P820/920 radios and I have no idea what you are trying to do, but I have CE76 v3.12 program and firmware v1.45 (5-15-12).
Some vertex portables require a separate cable for firmware upgrade which plugs into option port inside of battery compartment.
Which is different from a software cable that connects to handset/headset port.

tradecraft6f

I have never had any P820/920 radios and I have no idea what you are trying to do, but I have CE76 v3.12 program and firmware v1.45 (5-15-12).
Some vertex portables require a separate cable for firmware upgrade which plugs into option port inside of battery compartment.
Which is different from a software cable that connects to handset/headset port.
Great little radios,originally cost up too $2200 bucks new,P25,mixed mode,reception is oh my god great,works great on 2m and hitting repeaters way beyond imaginable....audio is great and its really a good radio..downside,you cant find **** for it,but i imagine its got too be good if it originally cost over $2000 bucks..

Status
Not open for further replies.