• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

VX P929

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill1957

Hi,
Anyone have a P25 uhf code plug for conventional P25? Programmed Mortorola and Kenwood and Midland in the past. Can't figure this one out. Help files are of little use.
Thanks,
Bill

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Hi,
Anyone have a P25 uhf code plug for conventional P25? Programmed Mortorola and Kenwood and Midland in the past. Can't figure this one out. Help files are of little use.
Thanks,
Bill

What exactly do you need help with? I’ve spent hours on that software. Are you using CE-76, or CE-106 TALON?

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Click on the option box you’re trying to work on, click the space bar. Type in your RX/TX, then your NAC. Ensure you have MODE on RX/TX set to “D” and also set the ID Display box in the upper left corner to HEX.

lkas

have u ever seen a issue programming the PF keys?? I have a vx-p824 with the ce-76 software. When I program the "A" key it works on the "D"button. The "B C D" button will not program. Been playing with this issue for 2 weeks. no matter what I put in them nothing works. If you physically press the B C or D button the backlight illuminates and that's it.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
have u ever seen a issue programming the PF keys?? I have a vx-p824 with the ce-76 software. When I program the "A" key it works on the "D"button. The "B C D" button will not program. Been playing with this issue for 2 weeks. no matter what I put in them nothing works. If you physically press the B C or D button the backlight illuminates and that's it.

Are you utilizing an option board?

lkas

no, this radio does not even allow for a option board. In the location a option board would be installed there is a board installed for p25 capabilities from vertex already.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
no, this radio does not even allow for a option board. In the location a option board would be installed there is a board installed for p25 capabilities from vertex already.

Actually, you can use an option board, but you would lose the P25 capability. The only option board I’ve tested that does not work within the “P” series is the VME/VMDE series. Have you tried forcing a new codeplug in? Sometimes the data becomes corrupted, and the radio starts doing odd things.

lkas

I need the option board that came with the radio as P25 capability is why I purchased this radio. I too purchased a VMDE-200 to only find out it does not work as well. I have tried a new codeplug with negative results. I opened a new code plug, programmed in 2 freq and functions on key A + b to do channel up and down. I had no luck.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
I need the option board that came with the radio as P25 capability is why I purchased this radio. I too purchased a VMDE-200 to only find out it does not work as well. I have tried a new codeplug with negative results. I opened a new code plug, programmed in 2 freq and functions on key A + b to do channel up and down. I had no luck.

Have you opened it up and checked the flex cables?

lkas

so I opened up the radio. Pretty simple process. The flex cables (2) were both solid. I disconnected them and reconnected them just to be sure. Still no difference. I did get a updated firmware from Motorola but it requires the FIF-12 cable which goes for about $150 online. I am not dropping that kind of cash on a cable especially when I don't even know that will fix the problem.

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
You can send your codeplug to me if you want, and I’ll take a look.

Bill1957

Click on the option box you’re trying to work on, click the space bar. Type in your RX/TX, then your NAC. Ensure you have MODE on RX/TX set to “D” and also set the ID Display box in the upper left corner to HEX.
Thanks for the reply-It was of great help!!!
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.