vx6 radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin467

Premium Subscriber
I amtry to program in the new uhf freg for fdny . whats is the split for the radio uhf is usally 3 mgh higher but theese are narrowbands. also what are the steps 5 kh or 12.5
Thank you in advance

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
The VX6 wont take the UHF FDNY freqs, the VX6 doesn't take the channel spacing that those freqs are on

W2PMX

Split (difference between input and output for a repeater) and step (difference in frequency from one channel to the next) are different things.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
I amtry to program in the new uhf freg for fdny . whats is the split for the radio uhf is usally 3 mgh higher but theese are narrowbands. also what are the steps 5 kh or 12.5
Thank you in advance

Since you are asking about the split being up 3mhz, I'll just mention that the radio is not type accepted for transmitting outside the ham bands, and I doubt fdny would provide permission for that.

Just in case you were thinking of programming it for transmitting on fdny channels, don't.

RF-Burns

Since you are asking about the split being up 3mhz, I'll just mention that the radio is not type accepted for transmitting outside the ham bands, and I doubt fdny would provide permission for that.

Just in case you were thinking of programming it for transmitting on fdny channels, don't.

In order to program a radio to transmit on FDNY you would need the transmit DPL which is different than the receive DPL. At this point I am not going to give out the transmit DPL's as I do not think it is a good idea. Any help the FDNY can get with jamming is a good thing. There is way to much of it now. Not to mention the VX-6 can not do the correct step in order to key up the repeater anyways.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thank you in advance

Just to listen you don't need the split, do you now?
It will not transmit there if this what you're thinking.

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.