W-881 vs Diamond RH77CA on a BC246T

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I like the RH77CA, and it's usually cheaper than the W-881. Performance is identical from what I could tell when using them. No technical testing however.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Probably not much difference that your ear could discern. Because you can shorten the Watson, it might give you a little better performance on 800 MHz, but I can't say that with real certainty.

wolter

I own both. I do not know how sensitive and selective the 246 is, so I cannot say how each antenna will perform on it. But I can say that the RH77CA does perform better with my radios. Not much better, but it is better. And BTW, the W-881 cannot be shortened; it is not telescopic. KT4HX must have been thinking about the W-889.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Right you are! I was thinking W-889, which I own two of. Sorry about that. A case of selective reading I guess.

I own both. I do not know how sensitive and selective the 246 is, so I cannot say how each antenna will perform on it. But I can say that the RH77CA does perform better with my radios. Not much better, but it is better. And BTW, the W-881 cannot be shortened; it is not telescopic. KT4HX must have been thinking about the W-889.

parsissn

Since it was mentioned, would the W-889 or the W-881 be a better choice for general listening? The problem I have is that I don't listen to just a specific frequency or range. I'm more of a sampler and listen to pretty much whatever my BC246T can get. Public Safety has the most activity around me but otherwise if I can find it, I'll listen.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.