W indows 7/64 Driver problem HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
I have a major problem with my BCD536HP, when I connect it to my computer HP windows 7/64 with the USB cable it use a driver called WPD FileSystem Volume Driver and the screen of 536 turn black, only solution is to power OFF and ON to return the 536 to life

Just before the 536 screen goes black, I have a message on computer screen asking to format the 536 card

With such Driver impossible to Use Butel ARC536 software and/or Sentinel software

How can I remove the WPD FileSystem Volume Driver And have a driver which can permit to read and write data to 536 , A driver which will appears each time I connect the 536 to computer

I hope you can help me I try all I can find on the net to get rid of WPD FileSystem Volume Driver

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Googling led me to a possible suggestion.

In device manager look under 'Universal Seral Bus controllers', you should have one listed with the name of your scanner. Right click it and uninstall. Un-plug then re-plug in your scanner and it should be back to normal.

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
There is no 536 listed under universal serial bus that my problem , the only thing appearing when I connect the 536 is the WPD FileSystem Volume Driver

Attachments

• USB5362.jpg
    USB5362.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 119
  • usb536.jpg
    usb536.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 119

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
Impossible to delete WPD FileSystem Volume Driver ,I tried everything available on the net, WPD FileSystem Volume Driver comme back as soon as I connect the 536 and impossible to update with the proper 536 drive
Do you think the 36 is deffective and must be send to Uniden for repair?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Have you tried manually selecting the correct driver instead of letting Windows automatically choose?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
There's nothing wrong with the scanner. There's something wrong with your computer.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There's nothing wrong with the scanner. There's something wrong with your computer.

I agree. Something on your computer is misidentifying the scanner and causing the wrong driver to be installed. There's no repair to the scanner that can fix that.

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
just by looking at the device manage you have posted looks like the usb hub driver may be on the semi corrupt side, try reinstalling the usb 2.0 and 3.0 drivers and reinstalling them.
and if that does not work see if the mobo may be going bad if s they have good ones on new egg or reinstall windows

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
The computer works fine, I only have problem with the 536
I tried to install manualy the driver but it does not work, the computer says it is not the proper driver for the 536
I will try to reinstall USB2 and USB3 driver and let you know the result
Thanks for your help

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
I replaced drivers for USB2 and USB3 by fresh copies from HP site , No change , Still the WPD FileSystem Volume Driver and when I try to replace it by the 536 driver I have a message that WPD FileSystem Volume Driver driver is up to date and there is no reason to change it

They are a lot of cases on the net of WPD FileSystem Volume Driver installed by error and it is almost impossible to get rid of it

I also back up my computer to a date earlier to first connection of the 536 and still WPD FileSystem Volume Driver

If I cannot have it working at the end of the weekend I will return it to the store for refund

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You do realize you can pull the SD card from the scanner (when it is shut down, obviously) and put it in the computer directly if it has a SD card slot. Or spend $10 on a card reader...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
First, you should not be trying to use the BCD536HP driver at this point. It is only for serial mode. The BCD536, in mass storage mode, uses the standard mass storage driver.

Here is a thread where someone had a similar issue and fixed it (by assigning a drive letter using disk manager).

Solved: SD Card Reader is Identified as WPD FileSystem Volume Driver... - HP Support Forum - 1430843

If nothing works, be sure you save all your important files on your computer and delete your personal information from the computer before you return it. Hopefully when you replace that computer you won't have the same issue using your scanner.

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies, interesting the link in HP forum
I will use the card directly in the card reader attached to my computer

I tried to use my Wife HP Elite book 8470P laptop running W7/64 and I have exactly the same problem,
I suspect there is some incompatibilty with HP USB part and Uniden scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.