W2VER linked repeater system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I've recently been listening to three repeater frequencies that are simulcasting each other. According to what I've discovered online from searching, the W2VER repeaters are located in Vernon. When I listen to 146.925 which is their 2 meter repeater the signal is very scratchy which is to be expected because of major obstructions in the way between the repeater and my QTH. However, their 70 cm 449.075 comes in full quieting. I've also discovered another 2 meter signal on 145.19. It also comes in full quieting, but I can't find any input unlike the 70 cm repeater. I can tell that this signal is not the same as the N2NOG machine in Warwick, New York which operates on the same frequency. Does anyone know if 145.19 is a repeater or not? If so, what is its input and the approximate location of the it and 449.075?

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I've recently been listening to three repeater frequencies that are simulcasting each other. According to what I've discovered online from searching, the W2VER repeaters are located in Vernon. When I listen to 146.925 which is their 2 meter repeater the signal is very scratchy which is to be expected because of major obstructions in the way between the repeater and my QTH. However, their 70 cm 449.075 comes in full quieting. I've also discovered another 2 meter signal on 145.19. It also comes in full quieting, but I can't find any input unlike the 70 cm repeater. I can tell that this signal is not the same as the N2NOG machine in Warwick, New York which operates on the same frequency. Does anyone know if 145.19 is a repeater or not? If so, what is its input and the approximate location of the it and 449.075?

With the various weather conditions you could be experiencing some stratospheric ducting. Especially at times of warm humid weather can cause VHF and UHF signal to travel further than normal.

The 145.190 signal may be from: The N3ZA Repeater located in PA Montgomery Co/ Soudertown. It's between Allentown and Philadelphia just a few mils east of I476 (Northern extension of the PA Turnpike) or about 20 miles West of the NJ line. (Pennington area)

PA / Montgomery / Souderton 145.19000 N3ZA TARA o (t=3B=131.8) (ca) e R A O

Both repeaters may be located on the NJ Public Broadcasting Authority's tower in Little Falls (sometimes referred to as Montclair). Several years ago, 449.075 was definitely located there. Not sure if it still is though.

RadioComm

Premium Subscriber
W2VER

The W2VER repeater in Vernon is linked to 145.190 N2NOG which is located in Greenwood Lake, NY. It is running low power and is no longer located at the same location it was for many years in Warwick.

Status
Not open for further replies.