• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

W8DEJ about Wouxun KG-UV6X Programing-Scaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

danjenk

I purchased a Wouxun KG-UV6X and it works fine. I can not find any information on how to toggle any memory channels from scan to not to scan using the keys or functions in the field. How can I go from Memory to VFO in order to program a channel in the field and save it to memory. The Batteries needed to be depleated to the point of radio shut down and then recharged. If not doen that way the battery has a short life. The supplyed charger only conductions the battery in the conduction only. It will recharge the battery but, the amperage will not be enough to transmit at full power for very long. I purchased a second battery and found out I lost output wattage the same as the one included with the radio. I found this to be true as I live only 11/2 mile from our clubs 2 meter repeter. On our Monday night net I tested my Wouxun KG-UV6X for the first time after the Hamvention in Dayton, Oh. I have the TOT set for 120 sec. About 30 srconds into my traffic on the first go around I was told the radio was full quiting but after about 30 seconds my singnal faded in and out. On the second go around I used my Icom IC-T90A until it timed out at 2 min. with out fading out. I switched back to my Wouxun KG-UV6X and the same thing happended. I'm the PIO for our club so I had a lot of information I was giving out answering questions posed my other opperators to me in the net. That was disapointing. Hower I was given the answer by someone on the net that has a Wouxun KG-UV6D in the way I needed to charge tne batterys for the first time.
If anyone has any information on programing using the VFO and saving it to memory. Also toggleing the scan from scan or skip mode please drop me an E-mail at w8dej@earthlink.net. 73's Dan Jenkins

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Not certain what all the excess info. is about. But as I always say RTFM is a good place to start. Granted, these Chinese radio manuals leave a lot to be desired. First answer can be found in manual and I believe menu item 22. And I am REALLY confused on your battery conduction. Re: charging battery. Just insert radio or battery into charger, red light comes on and leave for 3-4 hours and light turns to green. Should be fully charged. I hear most people with these radios stating how long the battery lasts. Again, not really clear about what your exact problem is. Someone that has used the radio with TOT set might be able to help you with that. Set it for a little longer and see what happens. And don't forget that most portable radios are really subject to fading in and out depending on where the person transmitting is located. Even if not physically moving your body around, just moving the radio 6 inches can cause the transmission to fade out of the repeater. Certainly if battery is low, can be a problem. So make sure the battery is fully charged as per TFM.

KD0RII

You can't find it because you can't do it. The scan toggle cannot be changed in the field, only in software. To stop scanning a channel in the field, you must remove it.

The Yahoo Group for this and other Wouxun radios is very active and filled with information and goodies. Join at:
Wouxun_KG-UVD1 : Wouxun KG-UVD1 (2)(3)(6) and KG-UV920R

Get a better antenna.

73 de George, KD0RII

I purchased a Wouxun KG-UV6X and it works fine. I can not find any information on how to toggle any memory channels from scan to not to scan using the keys or functions in the field.

LtDoc

The UV-6D does have Part-90 certification and the VFO mode, along with the '2' and '3' versions. Is that the difference (or one of them) between the 'D' and 'X' models, the 'VFO' mode?
- 'Doc

KK4ELO

The UV-6D does have Part-90 certification and the VFO mode, along with the '2' and '3' versions. Is that the difference (or one of them) between the 'D' and 'X' models, the 'VFO' mode?
- 'Doc

Correct Doc. I have done some checking on the 6x and found that it in fact does come with the keypad locked per fcc rules. It requires the software and cable to do programming.

KK4ELO

Something New??

I'm not sure about ALL of the Wouxun 6X radios, but my recently-purchased 6X has the ability to add or delete individual channel scan from the menu -- item 33 "SCANADD" (Off/On)
John[/QUOTE

You may add/delete cahnnels from the scan list, but not enter frequency info directly from the keypad. That is per fcc cert. You can choose what to scan on most P.S. radios, but without a "certain" fed style moto, and the proper authorization, FPP is not allowed on on part 90 certified radios. Hope this clarifies the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.