Wackenhut

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4TF

My company uses Wackenhut Security. I have been monitoring for a few months trying to decipher the codes, but have only been able to figure out a handful. Does anyone have a list of Wankenhut’s dispatch and disposition codes?

Thanks

ManFish

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Thanks, I surfed the net & came up with zip for Wackenhuts 10-codes & signals, right now I am in retail private law enforcement myself & have seen a number of their own private law enforcement officers providing their services in a number of different states transmitting on different communications bands, according to the different sizes of their mobile and/or portable antennas. They also have a global protective network where their officers obviously have special powers far beyond ordinary law enforcement to such an extent where they are more military oriented & probably have government issued licenses to kill. Probably a very difficult job to get & the psychological test must be formidable to pass.

Manny

Last edited:

colby4601

Hi Thanks, I surfed the net & came up with zip for Wackenhuts 10-codes & signals, right now I am in retail private law enforcement myself & have seen a number of their own private law enforcement officers providing their services in a number of different states transmitting on different communications bands, according to the different sizes of their mobile and/or portable antennas. They also have a global protective network where their officers obviously have special powers far beyond ordinary law enforcement to such an extent where they are more military oriented & probably have government issued licenses to kill. Probably a very difficult job to get & the psychological test must be formidable to pass.

Manny

That has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question. You are not "private retail law enforcement". You are commonly known as a Security Guard. Nothing more.

ManFish

Banned
I dont know about what type of laws exist in foriegn countries such as canada or Mexico sir, however this is the way it stands in America. Either/Or. I hope this clears up your confusion. Thank you for your time & have a blessed day.

Manny

On Private Law Enforcement Officers

Last edited:

colby4601

I dont know about foriegn countries such as canada sir, however this is the way it stands in America. Either way, either or. I hope this clears up your confusion. Thank you for your time & have a blessed day.

Manny

That looks like such a reliable website for information. I'm pretty sure "non-certified retail law enforcement" means Security Guard. Have fun attempting to convince otherwise.

ManFish

Banned
I apologize for your obvious distress sir, seeing that the website is a valid United States website, I thought it lent credibility to my answer to your post, If you in any way feel and/or can prove it is a bogus or factually innacurate or misleading website, your best course of action should be to notify the site owner & confront him with your rebuttal or notify someone in authority that monitors, maintains standards & enforces the rules of webhosting in the United States, either way, even you said "non certified law enforcement officer" Those were your own unsolicited words. Please dont reply, you are supposed to be a moderator, act as such & try your best to maintain the standards expected of a member in your position. We all should have better things to do with our time, well at least I do. Take care now & easy does it.

Manny

Last edited:

kd7rto

No doubt Manny keeps a handcuff key on his person. I'd love to hear the exchange at the metal detector the next time he enters a courthouse, the key is noticed, and the question is asked, "Sir, are you law enforcement?"

Nevertheless, I think his claim to be a legitimate LEO is more believable than the possibility that he actually owns the radios he lists on his signature line.

ManFish

Banned
Court security has never been a problem with any private non-certified law enforcement officer such as myself in any courthouse I've ever had to report to, we just turn our on-duty service weapons over to the court law enforcement officers to safeguard in secured firearms lockers for us & we retrieve them when exiting the courthouse. Oh & thanks for bringing my gear up, I totaly forgot to include the hf equipment, I included it now, I appreciate your pointing that out.Take care.

Manny

Last edited:

Astrak

There is a difference between a "LEO" contracted to provide security than a security officer hired to provide security. It varies between state, but usually a "non certified" security enforcement officer has as much law enforcement power as a non deputized, non LEO. You possess the same power of law enforcement as the regular citizen in most states, the other being you have no citizen arrest powers(Citizen's arrest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). I know it's WiKi, but the statements are true.

Astrak

Not disputing that some of the aforementioned security company offers high profile security, maybe they do, but they do not apply to local state laws.

SAR923

I dont know about what type of laws exist in foriegn countries such as canada or Mexico sir, however this is the way it stands in America. Either/Or. I hope this clears up your confusion. Thank you for your time & have a blessed day.

Manny

Dude, did you actually read the website? It's A Proposed Constitution for an Innovist state -- WORKING DRAFT. It's some nutjob's idea of what the constitution for a country run by latter-day hippies might look like. The section "private LEO's" is a complete fantasy and doesn't correspond to reality in any jurisdiction I know of. A "retail law enforcement officer" is a security guard....that's it.

As far as Wackenhut having some elite division that operates overseas and has licences to kill, you must not have much experience with Wackenhut. Most Wackenhut guards I've had the displeasure of having contact with are lucky if they have those weird square badges pinned on right side up. :roll:

mciupa

Database Admin
:roll:....so, no one knows the disposition codes, huh?

gman4661

It is absolutely true that a very large southeastern federal facility has Wackenhut LEOs. They are certified and sworn in as state constables with full law enforcement authority to include general traffic enforcement (with radar) on the state highways that go through the facility. They have a SWAT team on duty 24/7 as well as helicopters. Make no mistake, these guys are the real deal.

Last edited:

colby4601

I apologize for your obvious distress sir, seeing that the website is a valid United States website, I thought it lent credibility to my answer to your post, If you in any way feel and/or can prove it is a bogus or factually innacurate or misleading website, your best course of action should be to notify the site owner & confront him with your rebuttal or notify someone in authority that monitors, maintains standards & enforces the rules of webhosting in the United States, either way, even you said "non certified law enforcement officer" Those were your own unsolicited words. Please dont reply, you are supposed to be a moderator, act as such & try your best to maintain the standards expected of a member in your position. We all should have better things to do with our time, well at least I do. Take care now & easy does it.

Manny

That website lent more credibility to the broccoli I had at supper last night than your post. It's a citizen's personal site with his personal opinions. Nothing there was fact. Maybe you could link me a Yahoo Group next time too?

As well, my so called "unsolicited words" were in fact words taken directly from your profile.
Occupation
Non-certified retail establishment law enforcement officer
Most commonly known as Security Guards.

Oh, and BTW, I'm not a moderator.

PS: Which agency should I contact that monitors the standards of websites in the United States?

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Okay guys, this one is straying away from the original topic. I am a moderator and the line within this thread about who/what a security guard is shall come to an end now. Take that discussion to the Tavern or private messaging. Further off-topic discussion will result in violations and/or an unfortunate closure of this thread.

Thanks-

Status
Not open for further replies.