Waco P25 Site Up as Part of Tx Warn (1A7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I used a BCD396XT and a GRE PSR500. It was about midnight and I was driving kind of fast. I'll hit that system with Pro96Com next time through in about a week. The listing in the DB is from the license, so we should consider the non-control freqs as unconfirmed.

It's a pretty srong system, you might be able to catch it from your location. If not with an omni, then maybe with a yagi, if you have one available.

Russell

BaLa

Unfortunately I still work in Waco. LOL.

Do you know what the Plan is with this system?
Waco/McL County is going to be using this I guess?

My Feed Comp is my only laptop.

Last edited:

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
It is my understanding that Waco and McLennan County will migrate to the P25 system in increments. Once that happens, the old system will be decommissioned and the frequencies will be moved to the P25 system. It's also my understanding that ETMC in Waco will also move to the P25 system and the same idea with their old system and freqs. It seems to me they will have an abundance of freqs and may set up an additional P25 site somewhere in the area using some of those freqs, but that's just a guess.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Which scanner? Make sure your control channel output is turned on and the speed matches.

Last edited:

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
I used a BCD396XT and a GRE PSR500. It was about midnight and I was driving kind of fast. I'll hit that system with Pro96Com next time through in about a week. The listing in the DB is from the license, so we should consider the non-control freqs as unconfirmed.

It's a pretty srong system, you might be able to catch it from your location. If not with an omni, then maybe with a yagi, if you have one available.

Russell

Im picking up a Very strong signal with my PSR 500.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Which scanner? Make sure your control channel output is turned on and the speed matches.

When i PGM my PSR 500 with these frequencys, do I put them under trunked system type p-25 auto or p-25 manual? Or do I just put them in under conv. mode p-25?

ke5fgc

Premium Subscriber
Is the Waco site showing any Neighbors? Also is the site showing to be connected or disconnected? I am curious as to how long before they make it to Tyler and the rest of the ETMC system.

-Josh

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Is the Waco site showing any Neighbors? Also is the site showing to be connected or disconnected? I am curious as to how long before they make it to Tyler and the rest of the ETMC system.

-Josh

Very soon. Those new towers are very close to being turned on, and they (DPS, Smith SO, TPD, Longview) already have the new talkgroups in several radios just waiting to be used.

BTW, I saw a lineup of the ETMC radios (analog) that are in the Tyler area troopers' cars. Some talkgroups that are not identified, but suspected already anyhow, are DPS 3 (DPS 1 and DPS 2 are in the database already) and Bullard, Winona, and Lindale PD's private talkgroups. Troup's has been identified already. An interesting note is that the Tyler DPS console has ETMC's DPS 1 talkgroup, Base A1 VHF, and the Canton repeater simulcasting all comms, and the troopers can switch between 800 and VHF to get the best signal. The Tyler troopers also have access to, believe it or not, Pursuit 1 and 2, Mutual Aid 1-5, Law, Fire, EMS, and HPD Fox and HPD 1 talkgroups on the analog TxWARN system.

This thing is further along than we thought, that is for sure.

ke5fgc

Premium Subscriber
do we know any freqs for all the new towers?? One of the new towers popped up right next to the Smith County 911 center about two weeks ago.. It has the standard 2 antenna setup at the top(1 rx/1tx) with a few other random antennas down really low on the tower.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I'll be passing through Waco Thursday. I'll be set up to run UniTrunker and Pro96Com for a few minutes while I'm in town. Hopefully, I can get the tower status, neighbors, etc.

Russell

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
At 2 PM today ...

Site Trunking Mode (not connected); Mfg ID = Motorola; 859.2125c, 858.2125a, 857.2625a, 857.2125a, 855.2125i CWID (but no call sign)
And, of course 01A7 BEE00, Site 2-30

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
At 2 PM today ...

Site Trunking Mode (not connected); Mfg ID = Motorola; 859.2125c, 858.2125a, 857.2625a, 857.2125a, 855.2125i CWID (but no call sign)
And, of course 01A7 BEE00, Site 2-30

Last Saturday I was monitoring this, I got an DEC ID of 2416 p25 and it was a radio check. That's all they said throughout the day testing 123.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Got some new info today. Looks like Waco fire will be going to the new p25 system in the next month or two.Talked to a firemen today and he told me that they had been doing morning radio checks and that there are some bugs that needed to be fixed. Saturday i heard waco fire dispatch a call and the DEC ID was 2452 but did not hear the fireman talk back. I will keep yall updated as soon as I get more info.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
It also appears that ETMC has added 6 of their freqs to the site. Expect ETMC to make a move to this system in the near future.

There is a McLennan/Waco section in the TxWARN DB entry with IDs in 3720-3740's - I don't know if these are confirmed or not. There's a big empty block between 2367 and 2517 in the DB. I wonder if 2452 is a Waco TG or an InterOp TG?

Keep us posted on what you hear.

Last edited:

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Ok today i was monitoring this again and I heard some talking, I'm pretty sure this was DPS. And this was DEC ID 2421 p25. The ID's for 3720-3740's has not been confirmed, I monitor this everyday and I have not heard anything between those ID's. 2452 was an idea of p25.

Status
Not open for further replies.