Waco system and the BCD536?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman3939

Premium Subscriber
I have the new 536HP and I cannot hear anything for Waco system? I am an experienced scanner hobbiest and cannot figure it out? Any help would be great?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have the new 536HP and I cannot hear anything for Waco system? I am an experienced scanner hobbiest and cannot figure it out? Any help would be great?
Your location shows as "The Woodlands".

Are you actually in the Waco area? If you are in the Waco area, be sure that the location in the 536 is set for Waco, and not for The Woodlands. That city would be out of range if using location control. Also, if you created a Favorites list specifically for the Waco area, be sure that you set that list, in your profile, to both "Download Yes" and "Monitor Yes".

Gman3939

Premium Subscriber
I am in Waco now. Just moved back. I do not have any favorites list for Waco yet? I just put in zip code? Get sheriff and DPS but nothing for Waco?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am in Waco now. Just moved back. I do not have any favorites list for Waco yet? I just put in zip code? Get sheriff and DPS but nothing for Waco?
Take a second look at this thread, especially the posts starting about here. (You posted in that thread just above that.)

Are you using the included, back of set, antenna on your 536? Or a different one? You might also try the suggestion UPMan made here. It does seem to have helped on a couple of my more distant local systems in the DFW area.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm using a antenna craft s2.
I will try changing from NFM TO FM?

Thank you so much!
You mean an ST2? ScanTenna?

That's what I am using on my 536HP. It's not the best choice for 800MHz, but it does very well for me, and does a good job on Vhf-high and Uhf. Dallas (city) PD & FD are both on Uhf at this time, while Dallas County, some of the southern suburbs, as well as Ellis County (among others) are Vhf-high.

You might be suffering from the dreaded simulcast distortion, which can cause spotty reception. Where I am, I don't have that issue (at least not yet). I've seen a number of comments from members in the Tarrant County area, having issues receiving the new FWRRS. I'm looking to put up a yagi antenna to improve my reception on that system. My biggest problem is distance. I'm in Dallas, so I'm pretty far outside of the normal coverage area that it was designed for.

Gman3939

Premium Subscriber
Hiegtx

Thanks for your help!
I figured it out. The ST2 has a sweet spot. I turned it 180 deg and it worked. Now have 2 bars! I then changed to FM and the audio is much clearer!
I took my 536 with regular antenna that came with it and drove to the top of a hill and it worked? So I new it was antenna problems! So I went in attic and turned it!

Again
Thank you!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hiegtx

Thanks for your help!
I figured it out. The ST2 has a sweet spot. I turned it 180 deg and it worked. Now have 2 bars! I then changed to FM and the audio is much clearer!
I took my 536 with regular antenna that came with it and drove to the top of a hill and it worked? So I new it was antenna problems! So I went in attic and turned it!

Again
Thank you!
You're welcome. Glad it worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.