Waco TX, RADIO COMMUNICATION SUPERVISOR. Anyone interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5rv

Chemically inert
Premium Subscriber
Is that Texas Communications?

I love road trips, but I can see where being on the road as much as you are would get old.

Yep, Texas Comm. I do enjoy the road trips for the most part. It's the travelling for work that gets old. There are lots of places I think I will go back and visit because I only saw the place while working. In 2004 I went to Japan for vacation, after going there 7 times before for work related trips. I've been to Taiwan 4 times I think, and would love to go back for a vacation. But I am thinking with the cross-straight tensions I'll put that off till further notice...

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Yep, Texas Comm. I do enjoy the road trips for the most part. It's the travelling for work that gets old. There are lots of places I think I will go back and visit because I only saw the place while working. In 2004 I went to Japan for vacation, after going there 7 times before for work related trips. I've been to Taiwan 4 times I think, and would love to go back for a vacation. But I am thinking with the cross-straight tensions I'll put that off till further notice...
I know of Texas Comm...especially because I used to work under one of the Bergman's (who sold his Texas Comm location to another shop and continued to work for them).

prcguy

When I retired I gave my boss a year notice and he didn't believe me until I handed him my 90 day written notice. We looked for my replacement for a good 3 months and found one my boss and I knew but he couldn't start for several months. I proposed a several week training session as an outside contractor since I would be retired but was told that was not possible because you can't work back for the company for something like a year after leaving. My boss then got an ok from management and human resources and I contracted back to my company as a trainer and they reauthorized my old company badge like I was still an employee.

I've since contracted through another company back to my old company many times for equipment upgrades and 6+ years after retirement I still get phone calls asking how something works or how to fix it and its still fun to contribute and I like to stay current in the technology I retired from.

I gave the facility manager the passwords to the systems, locked the phone room and the radio building for the last time, turned in my keys, heard the sallyport doors slam for the last time eleven years and a couple months ago. Never looked back and when I saw their caller ID on the phone let it ring. I don't miss it one bit.

n5rv

Chemically inert
Premium Subscriber
I know of Texas Comm...especially because I used to work under one of the Bergman's (who sold his Texas Comm location to another shop and continued to work for them).

I loved the Bergman's. Louis, the youngest, runs the company now. Wasn't aware they sold it. More like each shop has an owner and that owner is on the board for the company. Louis leads the board at present. They have sold off different parts over the past few years and took on other non radio related companies. They are quite diverse.

I worked for Buz (San Angelo) twice, and not sure he would allow a 3rd..... We are still good friends, but I've left him twice. I would not blame him for being a bit cautious....

Project25_MASTR

I loved the Bergman's. Louis, the youngest, runs the company now. Wasn't aware they sold it. More like each shop has an owner and that owner is on the board for the company. Louis leads the board at present. They have sold off different parts over the past few years and took on other non radio related companies. They are quite diverse.

I worked for Buz (San Angelo) twice, and not sure he would allow a 3rd..... We are still good friends, but I've left him twice. I would not blame him for being a bit cautious....
I worked for Chris. He once told me a story of his father wanting to teach him a lesson one day (about wearing his seatbelt I beleive) and sent him to a removal...in a fleet vehicle where the occupant had died in a crash.

n5rv

Chemically inert
Premium Subscriber
I worked for Chris. He once told me a story of his father wanting to teach him a lesson one day (about wearing his seatbelt I beleive) and sent him to a removal...in a fleet vehicle where the occupant had died in a crash.
Cool, so you were at the Bryan shop? Yep, Bill was that way. I had to do one of those removals from a wrecked vehicle, but thankfully there wasn't any residue from a dead body in it. But there was tons of glass bits everywhere. I think I might have left a little of my blood in there.... LOL!

Project25_MASTR

Cool, so you were at the Bryan shop? Yep, Bill was that way. I had to do one of those removals from a wrecked vehicle, but thankfully there wasn't any residue from a dead body in it. But there was tons of glass bits everywhere. I think I might have left a little of my blood in there.... LOL!

No, Round Rock actually. It was sold to CTS sometime in the mid-2000's. Bearcom owns the remnants of the shop now (they've moved).

n5rv

Chemically inert
Premium Subscriber
No, Round Rock actually. It was sold to CTS sometime in the mid-2000's. Bearcom owns the remnants of the shop now (they've moved).

I had completely forgotten about that shop. I didn't know it had existed till I came back to the San Angelo shop in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.