Waikiki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linn

I'm visiting the islands and am currently in Waikiki. I know that HPD is in the process of switching to an encrypted P25 system but I am hearing quite a bit of HPD traffic on the EDACS Provoice system. I have a couple of questions:

1. What site is the best to hear the most HPD traffic from Waikiki?

2. What site is the best to hear HPD's Waikiki district? It seems that I am hearing all parts of the island as I scan through the different sites, but I am not seeing/hearing Wakiki.

Mahalo for any help.

fuhwurd

Make R34s Legal Again
I'm visiting the islands and am currently in Waikiki. I know that HPD is in the process of switching to an encrypted P25 system but I am hearing quite a bit of HPD traffic on the EDACS Provoice system. I have a couple of questions:

1. What site is the best to hear the most HPD traffic from Waikiki?

2. What site is the best to hear HPD's Waikiki district? It seems that I am hearing all parts of the island as I scan through the different sites, but I am not seeing/hearing Wakiki.

Mahalo for any help.

Waikiki usually is active on the "Metro Simulcast" site.

fuhwurd

Make R34s Legal Again
Thanks for the reply. For some reason I'm not hearing them. I'll have to check into it some more.
No problem, Waikiki does come active once in a while but I do recommend that you listen to either Honolulu or Kalihi.

Linn

Mahalo for the information. I've noticed that Kalihi has been a busy channel.

No problem, Waikiki does come active once in a while but I do recommend that you listen to either Honolulu or Kalihi.

fuhwurd

Make R34s Legal Again
Mahalo for the information. I've noticed that Kalihi has been a busy channel.
Yep, Kalihi has a lot of crazy people that live and roam in that district. There was a shooting a few weeks ago.
Also if you were listening earlier, HPD dispatched unit 3990 which is one of their police helis

Linn

I didn't get to listen to HPD as much as I wanted, but when I did listen it was interesting.

I did spend a fair amount of time listening to air and marine frequencies. It was interesting to listen to F-22's since they are are pretty rare. I wish I would have been able to research and snoop a little more on freqs they use for training and ops. I heard an "Air 1" referred to on the air frequencies, I assumed that was an HPD helicopter, is that not the case?

I live a long way from the ocean so it was interesting to listen to marine frequencies and harbor control.

Mahalo again for for responding.

Yep, Kalihi has a lot of crazy people that live and roam in that district. There was a shooting a few weeks ago.
Also if you were listening earlier, HPD dispatched unit 3990 which is one of their police helis

fuhwurd

Make R34s Legal Again
I didn't get to listen to HPD as much as I wanted, but when I did listen it was interesting.

I did spend a fair amount of time listening to air and marine frequencies. It was interesting to listen to F-22's since they are pretty rare. I wish I would have been able to research and snoop a little more on freqs they use for training and ops. I heard an "Air 1" referred to on the air frequencies, I assumed that was an HPD helicopter, is that not the case?

I live a long way from the ocean so it was interesting to listen to marine frequencies and harbor control.

Mahalo again for for responding.

You're welcome!

Also, I'm not sure what Air-1 refers to...it could probably be one of HPD's, HFD's, or even AMR's helicopter fleet.

You can also check out more information about Honolulu's public safety here, AH7E's website is old but the info is still accurate.

Linn

Thanks for the information. Have a great day!

You're welcome!

Also, I'm not sure what Air-1 refers to...it could probably be one of HPD's, HFD's, or even AMR's helicopter fleet.

You can also check out more information about Honolulu's public safety here, AH7E's website is old but the info is still accurate.

himages

Aloha Linn!! if you have a scanner now and on Oahu and you are NOT seeing your rig dispatching, you radio and you are ok.....HPD probably took the plunge late yesterday and finally pulled the plug on EDACS/Provoice! the radios are cold for police and fire and emt. time to clean up my rigs and start posting it up on RR or ebay. btw...if you also subscribe to the IPN network, they too have been affected....no new paging calls on oahu.

Linn

Aloha!

Sorry I did not see your post sooner. Unfortunately we came back to hot, humid Texas July 10.

We really enjoyed our visit to Oahu and the Big Island. I didn't "play radio" as much as I wanted because we were busy doing the tourist things, but I enjoyed the time I did have to play radio. I guess I will count myself fortunate that I was able to listen to HPD before they switched systems.

I do wish I had brought a good HF radio to play with. I am sure I would have heard some things that I can't hear from home.

Aloha Linn!! if you have a scanner now and on Oahu and you are NOT seeing your rig dispatching, you radio and you are ok.....HPD probably took the plunge late yesterday and finally pulled the plug on EDACS/Provoice! the radios are cold for police and fire and emt. time to clean up my rigs and start posting it up on RR or ebay. btw...if you also subscribe to the IPN network, they too have been affected....no new paging calls on oahu.

himages

beleive it or not, for now....HPD is supposedly still on EDACS (per my sds100 and harris)...I hear them broadcasting still. Maybe that past silence was them testing out the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.