WS1095: Waiting for MAIN unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
I have a message Waiting for MAIN unit on my WS1095 and the scanner will not turn on.

Ed6698

I had that problem once months ago, I just went ahead and used the Prepare Scanner Memory/SD Card for use with EZScan, in a sd card reader. Had the main unit unplugged from power also before starting the whole process, let the unit sit a few minutes unplugged. After the sd card was prepared I put it in and made sure the main head attached properly, then plugged it back in and it was fine. Only had the problem once and have not had it again. Hopefully you can fix it just as easy.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
The scanner is working now. All I did was took the SD card out of the scanner, put the SD card in a SD card reader, looked at the contents of the SD card, put the SD card back in the scanner, then turn the scanner back on, the scanner is working.

radio123

I like radio
Waiting for Main Unit

I just experienced that error message. It was difficult to see on the display as I had the contrast turned down.
I tried everything, checked the fuse, reconnected the remote head, swapped SD cards, different USB cords and different computers.
Finally after all day without the radio I heard the POST beep and it was back on.
No problem with the SD card, still using the same one now.
I kept looking for a reset button to hold down!
I believe the computer unexpectedly turning off with out properly shutting down caused the issue. I was not updating files at the time.
WS1098 Win 7.
It was a devasating experience.

KC2IHD

To correct the waiting on main unit try the following steps. 1st Remove Face then Remove SD card... 2nd Replace the face without the SD card.... 3rd Hold down the power button for 30/35 seconds... 4th Remove face insert SD card Replace face repower up the unit !

KC2IHD

To correct the waiting on main unit try the following steps. 1st Remove Face then Remove SD card... 2nd Replace the face without the SD card.... 3rd Hold down the power button for 30/35 seconds... 4th Remove face insert SD card Replace face repower up the unit . The scanner must be unplugged before preforming this procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.