TRX-2: "Waiting For Main Unit"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
So I've read through the previous threads about this and can't find a solution. Whenever I hook up the scanner to my laptop to program the unit, download audio, etc, this message appears when I attempt to turn on the unit afterwards. If I remove the power cord from the back for 2 minutes, this fixes the issue, but obviously this is annoying to have to do. Does anyone have a solution for this? I'm running the most recent firmware version.

TAbirdman

Also, DO NOT CONNECT POWER to the scanner! Only the USB cable should be plugged into it when its connected to your PC.

As Buddrousa said, using a card reader is faster! :)

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Also, DO NOT CONNECT POWER to the scanner! Only the USB cable should be plugged into it when its connected to your PC.

As Buddrousa said, using a card reader is faster! :)

Are you saying the power cord should be unplugged before connecting the USB cord to my PC? For what it's worth, I always have the scanner turned off when I do this

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Well, looks like I found a reasonable solution everyone. If you remove the remote head before connecting the scanner to your computer, this issue won't happen.

johnk9deputy

Premium Subscriber
I have the same problem with mine, whistler replaced the sd card with a scan disk and it still does it. I only have the usb cable hooked to the scanner no power cord is hooked to the scanner. and I still get waiting on main unit.

TAbirdman

I have the same problem with mine, whistler replaced the sd card with a scan disk and it still does it. I only have the usb cable hooked to the scanner no power cord is hooked to the scanner. and I still get waiting on main unit.

Try a few things:
1) with no cables attached to the unit press and hold the power button for 30 seconds ( use the timer on your PC, has to be at least 30 seconds)
2) plug in power cable and press and hold power button until unit tells you to let go.

No luck?
remove head and use the LAN cable. if it now works, turn the scanner to noaa so you have constant talking. unplug the LAN cable and reconnect the head. Does it work? No? then take a small screwdriver and "clean" the gold contacts on the main unit and try it again.

n2pqq

Premium Subscriber
try a few things:
1) with no cables attached to the unit press and hold the power button for 30 seconds ( use the timer on your pc, has to be at least 30 seconds)
2) plug in power cable and press and hold power button until unit tells you to let go.

No luck?
Remove head and use the lan cable. If it now works, turn the scanner to noaa so you have constant talking. Unplug the lan cable and reconnect the head. Does it work? No? Then take a small screwdriver and "clean" the gold contacts on the main unit and try it again.

please make this a sticky !

Status
Not open for further replies.