Wake Co RDU airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Been listening to RDU police dispatch on the Wake County trunked system using TG 36368, not listed in database (that I saw)

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
This was a great catch. :)
It was in there at one point and I am not exactly sure when it got deleted. But I have
added it back into the Wake County System in the database and cleaned up the RDU Talkgroup info.
I have also updated the RDU P25 Radio System with accurate TGIDs thanks to
an anonymous submission.
RDU Airport uses both radio systems for communications.
Marshall KE4ZNR

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to monitor RDU airport with no luck, I've tried from home in Raleigh and right by the airport. Using the freqs in the database, I've tried as rebanded and normal, but I don't hear any traffic or even the cc sound on any of the freqs. Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
It is a P25 system. It is NOT a rebanded system.
Always go by the system type and system voice fields listed in the RR.com database. And the only rebanded radio systems are marked as such in the RR.com database. :)
The reason you can't hear it is because it has limited coverage around the airport grounds.
Go visit RDU Airport General Aviation building and take your scanner with you. You will then be able to monitor the Airport P25 system.
Do understand that you should be able to monitor the airport talkgroups on the Wake County Radio System from anywhere in Wake County.

I've been trying to monitor RDU airport with no luck, I've tried from home in Raleigh and right by the airport. Using the freqs in the database, I've tried as rebanded and normal, but I don't hear any traffic or even the cc sound on any of the freqs. Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I suspected as much but tried from Lumley Rd and still didn't hear anything. Yes, I have heard the traffic on WCOTRS, but only one TG 36368.

Status
Not open for further replies.