Wake County, rebanded, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanbeerschoten

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to setup an SDR trunk tracker for Wake County, but I don't detect any traffic on the primary control channel for the closest tower to me (Fuquay-Varina).
Now I know they did some rebanding, and I followed those instructions when I reprogrammed my scanner, because it's easy with FreeScan.
Unfortunately I don't really know what I did there with the offset, etc.

How do I translate the rebanding table shown in the database to an actual new control frequency? I assume I have to either add or subtract from the listed primary and backup control frequencies?

Edited Thread title to reflect Wake County system is not a part of VIPER.--Marshall

Last edited by a moderator:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Couple of things:
1) I edited the thread title because it was initially "NC VIPER, Rebanded now what?"
A reminder that the Wake County Simulcast System and the statewide VIPER system are 2 separate systems. Even though there are a couple of talkgroups patched between the 2 systems they are indeed 2 separate radio systems with different System IDs, Control Channels and end users.
2) Double check the Control Channels you have listed for the Fuquay Site.
It is not unheard of for Control Channels to rotate every so often.
Marshall KE4ZNR

vanbeerschoten

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for renaming it. So what you're saying is that I don't need to make any manual adjustments to the control channel frequencies shown in the database for my site, based on the rebanding offset I had to configure in my portable scanner?

Here is the site I want to tune into: Fuquay Varina Site Details (Wake County Simulcast)

None of the listed control and alternate frequencies have anything else but static on them:
853.46250 / 853.92500

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for renaming it. So what you're saying is that I don't need to make any manual adjustments to the control channel frequencies shown in the database for my site, based on the rebanding offset I had to configure in my portable scanner?

Here is the site I want to tune into: Fuquay Varina Site Details (Wake County Simulcast)

None of the listed control and alternate frequencies have anything else but static on them:
853.46250 / 853.92500
Just for grins and giggles try entering the control channel frequencies for the other main Wake County site. See if you don't hear control channel noise for one of the other 4 control channel freqs. You might be closer to the other site.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.