Wake County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchrismon

I used to work for them last year and was familliar with the setup but for the life of me I have entered the correct frequencies into my Uniden 896t but It will not pick up anything. I know that they are Apco 25. What am I doing wrong?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
dchrismon said:
I used to work for them last year and was familliar with the setup but for the life of me I have entered the correct frequencies into my Uniden 896t but It will not pick up anything. I know that they are Apco 25. What am I doing wrong?

1st off I am going to assume you have a Uniden BC898T instead of a 896T? If so the 898T is an analog only scanner and Wake Sheriff is operating in digital format on the Wake County system...meaning you would not be able to monitor them using a BC898T...the list of Apco 25 digital Scanners that can follow Wake County Sheriff:
Uniden BC250D
Uniden BC296D
Uniden BC785D
Uniden BC796D
Uniden BCD396T
Uniden BCD996T
Radio Shack Pro 96
Radio Shack Pro 2096
Unless you have one of the above scanners you will not be able to monitor Wake Sheriff...let me know if I can be of further assistance!
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall Sherard KE4ZNR

dchrismon

Whoops wrong type of scanner

Sorry I have the BCD396t. So anyone out there that has any info on entering the proper way for Wake Co let me know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.