Wake County Simulcast: How to hear it once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnCaravella

Premium Subscriber
Glad the 853.2625 signal isn't just me. What I don't understand is this: if the control channel is telling my scanner that Wake Forest PD dispatch (as an example) is currently on 853.2625, and my scanner opens up 853.2625 to hear that digital noise, then where is Wake Forest PD dispatch REALLY at that moment? It's not always the same talkgroup that my scanner stops on 853.2625 for. It could be any talkgroup I'm monitoring for.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Folks: The 853.2625Mhz situation should be resolved by now.
Wireless Comms was doing some testing yesterday with a constant carrier on that specific
frequency.
As far as I know everything should be resolved by this AM.
Let us know if you are still having issues.
Thanks
Marshall KE4ZNR

jthorpe

Not trying to butt in on a system 1000 miles from me...but...

Are the people having the issue with this frequency seeing it "lock up" while they are trunk tracking? If so that means a call was assigned to that frequency.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

You are correct but there was no end code that I could tell and the frequency was holding an open carrier which means the scanners would stay on it.

jthorpe

My issue with it is gone. I used it today at work and had no issues. My issues with Simulcast have gone WAY down as well. I still have some of it but not nearly as much.

JohnCaravella

Premium Subscriber
The 853.2625 issue has been fixed for me, too. I still would love a technical explanation about how my scanner was being told to open that frequency, while VIPER radios weren't. Was the control channel really telling my scanner a talkgroup was on that frequency, or were our scanners misunderstanding some special command from the control channel?

mthom50

Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much Marshall for the info on updating custom tables for Wake. I think a couple of other counties I monitor on occasion have rebanded as well. I got the new CCs from the database, but wasn't certain if the same custom table settings you provided here would apply to those systems as well (in particular, looking at Beaufort and Nash counties). Is the custom table info for lines one and two the same across the board for all VIPER systems?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Thank you very much Marshall for the info on updating custom tables for Wake. I think a couple of other counties I monitor on occasion have rebanded as well. I got the new CCs from the database, but wasn't certain if the same custom table settings you provided here would apply to those systems as well (in particular, looking at Beaufort and Nash counties). Is the custom table info for lines one and two the same across the board for all VIPER systems?

The above should work for all VIPER sites.
I can't guarantee it will work with non-VIPER radio systems but it can't hurt
to give it a try.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
The 853.2625 issue has been fixed for me, too. I still would love a technical explanation about how my scanner was being told to open that frequency, while VIPER radios weren't. Was the control channel really telling my scanner a talkgroup was on that frequency, or were our scanners misunderstanding some special command from the control channel?

I will ask our Motorola Gurus the next time they are in our shop.
They should be able to provide an answer (even if it is something to the effect
of what you guessed above: simply an OSW misunderstanding or wrong handling
of OSW that subscriber radios don't see).
I will catch up with you soon and let you know what I find out.
Marshall KE4ZNR

jthorpe

Marshall how is the 536HP on Viper right now? Any reports? Do you have one yet? I think I'm going to get me one this week. I might even go for the 436. I don't know.

JohnDistai

I hadn't looked at my programming for years, so this was really a crapshoot. I did finally figure it out, and I'm back online. It isn't that hard, it just seems intimidating if you don't spend much time in FreeScan. Thanks for the instructions.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Marshall how is the 536HP on Viper right now? Any reports? Do you have one yet? I think I'm going to get me one this week. I might even go for the 436. I don't know.

Check your PMs brother!
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I hadn't looked at my programming for years, so this was really a crapshoot. I did finally figure it out, and I'm back online. It isn't that hard, it just seems intimidating if you don't spend much time in FreeScan. Thanks for the instructions.

I apologize about not being able to reply to your PM sooner as I have been under the weather this weekend but I am glad you were able to get yourself back up and running :)

Marshall KE4ZNR

jimboyle

I literally have a screw loose !
PSR-800 in Wake County

My trusty PSR-800 has gone deaf after re banding. I'm having a bear of a time trying to enter a custom table, it appears to use channel numbers instead of the actual tx/rx. Has anyone else had luck with the psr-800 in Wake Co. ??? Thanks, Jim KF4COP.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
My trusty PSR-800 has gone deaf after re banding. I'm having a bear of a time trying to enter a custom table, it appears to use channel numbers instead of the actual tx/rx. Has anyone else had luck with the psr-800 in Wake Co. ??? Thanks, Jim KF4COP.

Hey Jim:
From our handy-dandy RR Wiki:

Setting Up a System for Rebanding
1)Select the system
2)Select the site
3)Bring up the trunking tables for the system
4)Set it from Auto-fill to Custom
5)Hit the Set Reband button
6)Load the new configuration to the scanner

The "Set Reband" button should fill in everything for you.
Hope this helps!
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Does any one know what TG: 43216 is? Its not in the database I heard what sounded like FD traffic on it this morning.

Let me verify but I believe that is a Johnston County FD Mutual Aid TG.
Marshall KE4ZNR

WA4MJF

Is the C-3 TG on the Wake System the same one it was before the P-25 system?

Ronnie

Status
Not open for further replies.