AR-DV1 Wake Up AOR - How About P25 Phase 2 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KA1RBI

... There is no hardware limit other than ROM space that would prevent them.

Well, proper demod in p25 phase II requires a PSK demodulator, not a FSK-type demod as used in dmr, p25-fsk4, ysf, etc. The symbol rate (6k) in phase II is also different from any of the other modes (all of which are 4.8k baud except nxdn48). So unless the AOR unit is already equipped with a PSK demod (unlikely) then it's probably a larger issue than just decoder software.

It is a first cousin to DMR as you are explaining with time slots, but not quite, mostly just the TDMA part. Tier 3 DMR and Phase II P25 would be a better analogy.

dmr and p25 phase II are totally unrelated when it comes to the modulation and demoduation layer - on both uplinks and downlinks...

Max

mooychild

Unfortunately, AOR has not been the most responsive company, and I believe that a request has already been forwarded, but a second request can't hurt.
It's been over 1 year since I wrote them for the annoying beep in p25 phase1. The problem with the dv10, its trying to decode the data messages as voice. I've also sent a sample raw audio file. My problem could have been solved with a little fix. But instead of trying to help, they just ignored me.
Anyway, now I'm ignoring them. Never again i will buy or recommend products from AOR.

KN4EHX

Premium Subscriber
dmr and p25 phase II are totally unrelated when it comes to the modulation and demoduation layer - on both uplinks and downlinks...

Max
My main list of similarities were TDMA and trunking. I’m not saying DMR and P25 Phase II are the same thing, Max. I can make a list of all the ways they are different, but rather I was attempting to convey similarities to a person who is new to the subject by comparing similar digital modes they are likely more familiar with.

The message was tailored to new persons to the subject - not to the Gods of Radio and All Things P25. Nonetheless, thank you for your expert opinion.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
AOR seems to have lost of lot of their talented people, maybe due to COVID. They don't fix their defects, not much of anything new, or improved. Similar to Uniden & Whistler...going nowhere. :sleep:

MStep

AOR seems to have lost of lot of their talented people, maybe due to COVID. They don't fix their defects, not much of anything new, or improved. Similar to Uniden & Whistler...going nowhere. :sleep:

I have to sadly agree. I've had my DV1 for 6 years and it's still my main go-to radio. I have to concur that they likely had some of their staff lost to Covid before most of us here in the states even knew what Covid was. There was a bad omen when they stopped doing repairs in the United States and now everything has to go back to Japan. I was looking forward to that AOR 7400 airband receiver, which sadly never materialized. And I think the "new" 5700 is a great radio, but also no great shakes. Maybe a souped-up DV1 on steroids. All we can do is wish them well.

wb4sqi

Premium Subscriber
My new Japanese dv10 decodes phase 1 very well and on the small MARCS site that I monitor I can easily follow most conversations. It has firmware 2203a so aor are still working on this radio. If phase 2 were an issue then I have radios to handle that.

Status
Not open for further replies.