Wal-Mart Cuts Way Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan_Love_Jr

The collapse of ANB Financial National Association is significant.

Population of Bentonville, Arkansas is 19,500 people .... and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Bentonville IS Wal-Mart !

For the past four months, Wal-Mart (Bentonville, Arkansas) has been canceling (Tip of the iceberg: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/al-norman/wal-mart-cancels-45-super_b_94112.html almost all of their (major) corporate projects into the future. We know the magnitude of Wal-Mart's financial dilemma directly from its internal (attorney) legal "dropped project memos" and "Real Estate Committee reapproval memos."

Wal-Mart press releases and media news reports to the public are disingenuous.

Over 700,000 Chinese exporters / manufacturers http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/95f406ee-fc69-11dc-9229-000077b07658.html are now refusing to accept U.S. dollars as payment for products for retail sales. Wal-Mart's on-shelf stock numbers have been significantly reduced. Merchandise quality is now marginal to bad and in many cases becoming unavailable as prices skyrocket with broad spectrum factors coming together to create an uncomfortable sales environment. Wal-Mart's total overhead is becoming unsustainable we believe.

August 2005: Two years ago -

Wal-Mart estimates that utility expenses rose by $100 million in its second quarter (one three month period), when it also spent $30 million more to truck merchandise from its U.S. distribution centers to stores. Those additional costs add up to almost 5 percent of Wal-Mart's second-quarter profit of $2.8 billion.
http://wakeupwalmart.com/news/20050825-reut.html

mastr

Let's see... Wal*mart stock is up about 20 percent from January 2008 to now.

I would love to see what it would do if they were having a good year.

D

DaveNF2G

Arianna Huffington is not a news source. She only pretends to be one so as to promote her personal agendas.

Austin4Wyo

Huffington didn't write the report from her website. The other two reports aren't even remotely associated with Huffington. Either way, it doesn't discount the facts presented in the post.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
WHAT facts? We don' nee' no seenkin' facts! This is the internet folks, a Fantasy Land that Walt Disney never dreamed of.

Truth is what you believe, reality is your perception of truth.

tj20

I work at hell mart overnight stocking and each night we have a meeting before work to tell us our profits for the day. Our profits are always up and we also get a quarterly bonus because of our store profits. Every night we get more off the truck than we can put on the shelves so there is a lot of back stock. On the other hand not all is rosy, management for one is a bunch of think they know it all a-holes (respect for the individual my ass)

wesct

kb2vxa said:
WHAT facts? We don' nee' no seenkin' facts! This is the internet folks, a Fantasy Land that Walt Disney never dreamed of.

Truth is what you believe, reality is your perception of truth.
and al gore invented......

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
OH! I almost forgot!

"Let's see... Wal*mart stock is up about 20 percent from January 2008 to now. I would love to see what it would do if they were having a good year."

They'd be servicing your car with Chinese parts. Chee shee kai dai; yu sum dum gai!

mastr

That's funny, but not particularly true. Wal*mart stock is one of the best "products" they offer IMHO.

wesct

kb2vxa said:
OH! I almost forgot!

"Let's see... Wal*mart stock is up about 20 percent from January 2008 to now. I would love to see what it would do if they were having a good year."

They'd be servicing your car with Chinese parts. Chee shee kai dai; yu sum dum gai!
And paying al gore to re-invent the internet......

i_galbreath

Premium Subscriber
Well on the topic of radios, Walmart stores never seem to get a license for all their Motorola XTN radios. That they all keep turned up all the way so that they all get feedback.
That is probably the most annoying thing about Walmart.

SAR923

AlabamaRS said:
walmart here Montgomery Al, just announces CUT back in hours they wil be open starting MAy 31st/08 will be closed ( 2 of the 4 here in town) from 11pm-6am. http://www.wsfa.com/global/story.asp?s=8326373
You mean the two in the worst section of town where they have had a history of night time robberies and thefts? Every other Wal Mart in the Montgomery metro area is still open 24 hours. Let's not read too much into this.

SCPD

QRT
SAR2401 said:
You mean the two in the worst section of town where they have had a history of night time robberies and thefts? Every other Wal Mart in the Montgomery metro area is still open 24 hours. Let's not read too much into this.
NO, actually 1 is on Ann street & the other one is 1 on Chantilly parwakway in the White RICH EAST side..
Leave the 1 on Southern Bypass & 1 on Atlanta highway still 24/7

SAR923

Let me correct myself. WalMart say both store are having their hours cut back because they are not meeting their profit goals. The one Ann Street has had a history of big time thefts from the store itself in the wee hours. The one on Chantilly Parkway has had a history of late night purse snatchings since it opened so the white folks are afraid to go there at 0200. The Montgomery thugs just know there's more money to be made in the parking lot on the east side of town and more money to be made inside the store on Ann St.

Status
Not open for further replies.